Tottenham Hotspur Foreign Players 1992-2013

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is a table of all 84 Foreign (non-British & Irish Isles) Players from 43 different countries who have made at least one Premier League appearance for Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League from season 1992-93 to 2012-13.

Foreign Players who were on Spurs books but only played in other competitions, or failed to make any first team appearances, are not included.

P0284_zps0ded439b.png

P0286_zps17632dde.png

We probably don't have many pre-1992, off the top of my head:

Ardiles, Villa
Claesen
Chiedozie

Anyone else?

Max Seeburg was a German player on our books in the Southern League Era and the first season of the Football League in 1908-09.

I'm pretty sure he was the first Foreigner with Spurs, although Walter Tull might also be in with a shout, as he was half West Indian (his father was from Barbados).

I mapped the birthplaces of all the players and turned it into an interactive map you can play with here:

http://geocommons.com/maps/273528

Blue disks are appearances, white squares are goals. Since Admin Admin will probably not let me embed an iframe, here's a picture:
cQiRj7O.png

If you click on the disks in the interactive version, it tells you who it is, blah blah.

Benny and Iversen are the international cap leaders, who would have guessed?

Back
Top Bottom