Tottenham Hotspur FC vs Sunderland FC 7/4/14 @8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't think it was turgid. I mean it wasn't Liverpool or City level but I thought it was certainly in our top 5 performances of the season. .........

I'm not trying to argue with what you are saying, but I'm just saying that if today's performance indeed was in our top five performances this season (as I tend to agree with you) ... this really says a lot about Spurs this year.

... Because despite this emphatic scoreline and despite enjoying a game in a rare occasion this season, I honestly do think today's game was a bit rigid and flat (as it has been throughout the season).

I actually didn't complain, I said it "Must be the least convincing 5-1 ever".

That pre-assumes that all 5-1 wins are convincing/good - ours today was just the least convincing I can remember.

Think thats fair.

Still better than nothing. I hope Tim gets some recognition though. I really dont blame him or his crazy formations/team selection he was just given the keys to a Bentley. Who wouldn't take that opportunity?

He has definitely learnt. 2 up front who would have thunk?

He's tried his hardest. Did you see that encyclopedia for the subs tonight?

Probably was various translations for run around a bit but.

Just hope vitriol against him goes away a bit.

Think thats fair.

Still better than nothing. I hope Tim gets some recognition though. I really dont blame him or his crazy formations/team selection he was just given the keys to a Bentley. Who wouldn't take that opportunity?

He has definitely learnt. 2 up front who would have thunk?

He's tried his hardest. Did you see that encyclopedia for the subs tonight?

Probably was various translations for run around a bit but.

Just hope vitriol against him goes away a bit.
I did a double take there when I thought I'd just read that he had the keys to a bentaleb. Fuckin good stuff this vodka. Totally agree tho. He's a kiddy in a sweet shop. I think he will be a very good manager once he's learned the trade but he was thrown in at the deep end because he demanded to be. That will be his undoing. Hoisted by his own petard.

As much as I dislike Sherwood and really hope we get a better manager in the summer, the pic of him and Chris Ramsey returning Ade's salute on the BBC Sport page does make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I did a double take there when I thought I'd just read that he had the keys to a bentaleb. Fuckin good stuff this vodka. Totally agree tho. He's a kiddy in a sweet shop. I think he will be a very good manager once he's learned the trade but he was thrown in at the deep end because he demanded to be. That will be his undoing. Hoisted by his own petard.

wish id said bentaleb now.

Damn.

If only Lennon could execute in that final third or simply make the right decision a majority of the time. He would be so damn valuable out there

Last edited:
You know what. I know i've had potshots at him but fair fucks Timmy. I still want him gone in the summer but i'm happy that he managed to get a result like that considering all the stuff that has been circling over the last 12 or so hours.

I cringed hard at the salute but fuck it he and Adebayor have a rapport so I don't begrudge him that too much either.

Now, if he can leave in a few games without being a dick about it I'll be happy to tip my hat before giving him the finger

Jesus, do any of you moaning Annie's get any fucking joy from watching Tottenham? Yeah they weren't Barcelona, and we weren't Real Madrid, but so fucking what? We just won, and who knows it might be the first in a six win sequence, allowing the club to put the season to bed with a modicum of dignity. I think some of you believe it to be a sign of weakness to praise or enjoy a win. Maybe you are worried that your chances of being plucked off the street to be the next studio tactics analyser for Sky sports might be on the line if you are anything other than scathing. You fucking joyless, useless so called supporters. Go find another forum to drag down with your mad yid like whining superior super analytical pseudobollocks.
Couldn't give a toss who we just mullered, we won 5-1.

And well done Tim for making a decent stab at a proper English salute, and furthermore I don't care if he had a cocked wrist, at least he didn't stick his thumb out. I've seen plenty of Rodney's make a worse job after being in for ten years.

Jesus, do any of you moaning Annie's get any fucking joy from watching Tottenham? Yeah they weren't Barcelona, and we weren't Real Madrid, but so fucking what? We just won, and who knows it might be the first in a six win sequence, allowing the club to put the season to bed with a modicum of dignity. I think some of you believe it to be a sign of weakness to praise or enjoy a win. Maybe you are worried that your chances of being plucked off the street to be the next studio tactics analyser for Sky sports might be on the line if you are anything other than scathing. You fucking joyless, useless so called supporters. Go find another forum to drag down with your mad yid like whining superior super analytical pseudobollocks.

In other news. Micks still a cunt.,

That was Sunderland and not Barcelona out there ? Fock me. But I did enjoy the win anyway

...today showed Spurs have the quality - they just don't have the balls - if they had gone down with a sloppy goal like that to a quality side, they would've given up 5 or 6...
COYS

If only Lennon could execute in that final third or simply make the right decision a majority of the time. He would be so damn valuable out there

So frustrating to watch him get into great crossing positions and not follow through. He only has two moves, jook left and jook right. It's amazing how often it works for him....keeping it simple is the recipe as long as you've got the speed to go with it. He still has pace, but his byline finesse I think has dropped in quality.

All of that said, very happy for the win, and five freaking goals!

COYS

Before today, we've scored 5 goals in a league game six times since the '05-'06 season. Three of those coming in the year we earned Champions League which of course was highlighted by the 9-1 game.

Last edited:

Agreed. The omission on the pass to a breaking Chadli in the middle in the first half summed it all up. That was a criminal oversight. On par with missing the goal inside the six.

Back
Top Bottom