Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shame to say it, but rose caught dzeko's back leg before he got the ball. Also, if Dawson had scored it would have been the wrong decision because Ade was off-side and going for the ball.

We got thrashed because we were much worse than them. We need Sandro and Vertonghen back, a new CB and an LB very quickly.

You're wrong on the first two - the linesman even told the BT sport guys at half-time he gave Dawson offside.

However you're correct on the third point - they were better and deserved the win

Shame to say it, but rose caught dzeko's back leg before he got the ball. Also, if Dawson had scored it would have been the wrong decision because Ade was off-side and going for the ball.

We got thrashed because we were much worse than them. We need Sandro and Vertonghen back, a new CB and an LB very quickly.

Whilst your opinion is respectable I must say it seems by trying to be fair you've leaned the wrong way. Very, very harsh pen and Ade never touched the ball or affected play by trying to so it wasn't offside.

lets not panic. i know its shit to admit, but city are a lot stronger than us and if there was any illusions that we can compete for the title this season then they were put to bed tonight. it was expected. our season will not be defined by our results to city, lets be clear on that. 4th spot is still well and truly within our grasp. COYS

lets not panic. i know its shit to admit, but city are a lot stronger than us and if there was any illusions that we can compete for the title this season then they were put to bed tonight. it was expected. our season will not be defined by our results to city, lets be clear on that. 4th spot is still well and truly within our grasp. COYS
I don't know why some of you are able to roll over and take this. We were in that game and we got fucked over. It's a BS result.

EDIT: Not aimed solely at you.

I have to go to work now and face up to a Gooner fan who just loves to pay me out when we lose heavily. I am just going to tell him to GET F***** and damn the consequences.
Just ask the cunt if, as a Wimbledon fan , would he now be supporting MK Dons. If he doesnt know what your talking about walk away with your head held high. You`ve won the argument.

Goodnight
That top picture is well before the ball was kicked, people need to stop reposting it. However here's a look at the actual call.

BfLg0bhIQAEV1bT.jpg:large

Zabaleta is playing Dawson on, but Daws and Ade are in between the lino and Zabaleta... fuckshitfuckfuck

To be fair we could've been 6-0 down by half-time and that's not even an exaggeration. Nonetheless, we clinged on, started the second half brightly and were fucking robbed by the red card/penalty. Referee even said the Rose tackle was fair but it was the lino- cunt.

Was an absolute gamechanged, but let's not pretend that we were ever going to win this game. The team selection from the start was fucking terrible. The best attacking team in the league and we go with Bentaleb and an attack-minded midfielder with no holding midfielder at all. It was always going to end badly. Sigurdsson was completely the wrong choice and Adebayor is not a lone striker (I don't know how many times I can stress this, he NEEDS a partner because of the amount he drifts). Thought Tim got the system entirely wrong today.

I just feel sorry for people like Lloris. World class 'keeper who is just given absolutely no support from his defence or midfield whatsoever. He looks depressed every time we concede, there's literally nothing he can do to stop any of them.

Were Capoue or Sandro even fully fit though? If not then what option did Sherwood have other than Bentaleb as a holding midfielder?

I don't know why some of you are able to roll over and take this. We were in that game and we got fucked over. It's a BS result.
City were all over us and, unless Tim had some game plan for the 2nd half, they were going to continue to be all over us. Hard to see anything else. Yes, we showed fighting spirit, yes we were unlucky with decisions that could have gone either way, but not much else. We move on, 4th place is still achieveable.

Certainly, but only IF we address our exposed weaknesses. Our left side has to be addressed if we're to press on. We can do it with one player. One single player of quality and pace can make all the difference.

City were all over us and, unless Tim had some game plan for the 2nd half, they were going to continue to be all over us. Hard to see anything else. Yes, we showed fighting spirit, yes we were unlucky with decisions that could have gone either way, but not much else. We move on, 4th place is still achieveable.

You mean, like subbing on a DM?

The positive is that we've absolutely improved since last time. That it was a game as of halftime and we were on the front foot, with our amount of first-team injuries out, is certainly testament to the difference. That is good to see.

That being said, it doesn't take a whole lot for this team to take it to the next level. Just have to address one single spot, and two if need be.

So you've seen footage no-one else have seen? Not saying it couldn't have been a foul by Rose, but no footage has confirmed it was.

Were Capoue or Sandro even fully fit though? If not then what option did Sherwood have other than Bentaleb as a holding midfielder?
Pretty sure Capoue is 100% fit but Sherwood clearly doesn't rate him so leaves him out. Sandro just returning I believe, wouldn't have risked him. but even so, should've had a 3-man midfield rather than Eriksen as an AM because it just left 4 players isolated up top. Lennon and Sigurdsson barely even touched the ball did they?

While that was appreciated, he did it at the expense of our most influential CM in our good run since Christmas (because he was hurt). Bentaleb had no business starting this game.

Well yeah, he was clearly hurt, I imagine that Bentaleb would've come off instead of Dembele if he wan;t. I agree that he should not have started. But an adjustment is an adjustment, we'll have to wonder if it would've have worked since it all went out the window 5 minutes later.

Not that it'll make you feel that much better but this pretty much says why we never stood a chance today.

City starting 11 cost 192.1m and their subs cost 54.8m+a Savic

Our starting 11 cost 56.5m and our subs only 15.1m haha

Wouldn't annoy me if it was United/Woolwich as, in fairness, they have generated their own money. The fact that it is through financial doping makes me give up on the thought of Spurs winning the league in our lifetime.

What really frustrates me as well is I don't think we have benefited from any over inflated transfer fees of players going to City/Chelsea unlike Woolwich who made an absolute mint off City!

God I hate football sometimes! :paulinhobored:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom