Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have to go to work now and face up to a Gooner fan who just loves to pay me out when we lose heavily. I am just going to tell him to GET F***** and damn the consequences.

Welp, thought we were going to lose. Shame the thumping happened after we went down to 10 men. Was good to see us still trying though, we showed some spirit, which is more than we did at the Abu Dhabi stadium. If there was a gameplan for the 2nd half, it went out of the window early.

I have to go to work now and face up to a Gooner fan who just loves to pay me out when we lose heavily. I am just going to tell him to GET F***** and damn the consequences.

Ask them if they watched the game & if they still are being twats then tell them that €IT¥ are now top , so they can forget the league

Honest question... after tonight, who truly believes football is REALLY bent?
The money and stakes involved, and the fact Linesmen are still on a pittance surely make them a target? a very obvious target!
...am I being sensationalist and a deluded conspiracy theorist, or is there summit in it?

yes we were pretty poor, but at 0-1, around the 50 minute mark, we were still in it... weirder things have happened...
...but 2 minutes later, and a shocking decision later (to compound the first half disallowed goal) and we were out of it!

I really don't know what to think any more!

To be honest mate I think you are being a bit conspiracy theorist but it wouldn't be completely outside of the realms of possibility, everyone has a price or so they say. The main reason why you would argue it wouldn't happen is that it is pretty hard to bribe the linesman when, in the vast majority of games they have little impact in the game than maybe a few 50/50 corner or throw in decisions as ultimately, the referee can override them if they make any absolute clanger of a decision. Having said that, it really looked like the ref didn't think it was a peno till he had the lino piping up in his ear so who knows!

Don't do that. they have March coming up, Munich, City, Chelski (and us) - save it for then

To be fair we could've been 6-0 down by half-time and that's not even an exaggeration. Nonetheless, we clinged on, started the second half brightly and were fucking robbed by the red card/penalty. Referee even said the Rose tackle was fair but it was the lino- cunt.

Was an absolute gamechanged, but let's not pretend that we were ever going to win this game. The team selection from the start was fucking terrible. The best attacking team in the league and we go with Bentaleb and an attack-minded midfielder with no holding midfielder at all. It was always going to end badly. Sigurdsson was completely the wrong choice and Adebayor is not a lone striker (I don't know how many times I can stress this, he NEEDS a partner because of the amount he drifts). Thought Tim got the system entirely wrong today.

I just feel sorry for people like Lloris. World class 'keeper who is just given absolutely no support from his defence or midfield whatsoever. He looks depressed every time we concede, there's literally nothing he can do to stop any of them.

I'm holding my head high tomorrow. My team did nothing embarrassing, they were just embarrassed by 14 very handsomely paid men.

I dig that. We made some simple errors, it's true. But it's extremely difficult to pick your heads up against that side after giving up a red card and a penalty conversion to a player that shouldn't have even been on the pitch. That the ref went to his pocket, saw who was involved, and kept it in the pocket is just hilariously obvious bullshit.

Since 2009 City's net spend has been 500m and ours has been zero. We were certainly back in the game when we fucking scored and had clawed back and looked good at the end of the first half.
Your right about the net spend figures mate. What I want to know is why we, as a club, who every year feature in the top 16 of the De`loite list of Europe`s richest clubs, have a net spend of Zero since 2009.
:levylol:

Everybody keeps harping about not having a DM in the first half but the game should've been 1-1 at halftime. I'd have taken that. I would have preferred Capoue to start, but we didn't lose because of not starting a DM.

Tottenham Hotspur. The greatest team there ever was.

I'm OK with the match. First 20 were crap - we were way better at the Ethiad in the opening. After that, we were good and City needed to commit technical fouls to stop our attacks. Rose with the performance of the year - gets a red and penalty against him. #spursy We go on, 0-3, keep on. Capoue with his first, City avoids a red card 'cause the ref is still shit. We keep up the 1 touch passes and succeed 50/50. Dare is doing or whatever it is. The team who will win the league beat us with one man more and we try. TTID.

Shame to say it, but rose caught dzeko's back leg before he got the ball. Also, if Dawson had scored it would have been the wrong decision because Ade was off-side and going for the ball.

We got thrashed because we were much worse than them. We need Sandro and Vertonghen back, a new CB and an LB very quickly.

I dig that. We made some simple errors, it's true. But it's extremely difficult to pick your heads up against that side after giving up a red card and a penalty conversion to a player that shouldn't have even been on the pitch. That the ref went to his pocket, saw who was involved, and kept it in the pocket is just hilariously obvious bullshit.
Penalty conversion?

Back
Top Bottom