Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean, if that red card gets rescinded who gives a fuck? I mean the damage is already done and the FA are basically saying "chin up boys, you can have Rose back to play Hull at home, nevermind the fact you had a man sent off and a penalty given against you in a game against the best team in the league when you were starting to look on top whilst you were only 0-1 down. It's not like this game could affect the league in anyway shape or form". Times like this you just wish we had so much more technology in football. Decisions can cost teams millions and millions of pounds yet we are just told it's part of the game and it all evens itself out etc etc. Nevermind when a player actually tries to cheat and fails (Fernandinho) nothing actually happens. Times like this I really hate football.

Also on another note, is anyone else sick to death of BT's football coverage, it is worse than ITV! First off they didn't give any sort of decent angle on the offside call till half time and when they were showing the replay of the red card challenge they had that stupid box with the ref and players in blocking the tackle and don't get me fucking started on the two man cliche machine that is the commentary team. "Well, Spurs may argue that it could have been a different game if Dawson's goal wasn't disallowed but you can't argue when the scoreline says 5-1" - well actually, you can as that wasn't the real turning point of the game you fucking twat.

Sorry, I needed a rant!

Weird, some people on here are genuinely astonished and upset by today - amazes me, have you only been spurs fans since sherwood or what!! come on ref decisions or not it was easily a 3 goal difference between the sides and you must have known that before Kick off

Being at home doesnt matter, just means our players have to play in front of less of a spurs atmosphere than away thats all, home doesnt make any difference

Exactly - people arguing about decisions etc -so fucking what - at least score a few fucking goals or look like you're capable of doing so

We did you chop - if they are going to be ~WRONGLY~ disallowed its hardly our fault

I really hope Sherwood has a go at the officials in his postgame comments. Shambolic stuff today from them.
I so hope he does. The FA can't keep letting them get away with it, and every slight negative comment against them gets punished with a touchline ban or fine.

Pathetic.

It's too hard to make individual judgements in the wake of that performance but bentalab poor, Lennon and siggi non-existent...think when we get players back from injury we need to play 4-2-3-1

Lloris
Walker vlad verts rose
Paulinho dembele
Lamela ade eriksen
Soldado

Capoue and sandro can be played depending on the opposition..
Didn't expect to win but was hoping to not have to lose like that..

COYS!

Just put 20 quid on us winning the league. Fuck this shit. I'm gonna put Shitty to lose 0-5 every game for the remainder of the season in the prediction league. No shitty, chelsea, woolwich or liverpool players in the fantasy team either.

Yeah they made mistakes, but tbf we were lucky to be only 0-1 when Dawson's goal was disallowed - and we did get bit of luck with Aguero injury and no penalty for handball - didn't make much difference in the end - we didn't look like scoring - looked like a team with ~£100m of talent on the bench/injured

Since 2009 City's net spend has been 500m and ours has been zero. We were certainly back in the game when we fucking scored and had clawed back and looked good at the end of the first half.

Maybe they could have been up 3 or 4 but they weren't. Not until the ridiculous sending off. Last year we scored three goals in the last 15 minutes against them after being down 1-0 early. We could have done it again if not for disgraceful decisions.

Did you not see Dawson hitting the ball into the back of the net?

So what - a chance from a free kick - they're lucky anyway - we got unlucky with the ldixkhead linesman. Doesn't change the fact that City had about 13 attempts on goal to our 1 or 2 first half - it's a shocking display at home - hardly any team has got destroyed by City at home.

And after the mauling by Liverpool it's no surprise that the fans can't be fucking bothered

It's shameful - at WHL losing by 4, 5 goal margins - disgusting

Back
Top Bottom