Totally football pod versus guardian podcast

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which do you prefer

• Total voters
Well after jimbo jumped ship to create his own podcast how do you feel the both casts are doing. I find myself preferring the guardian podcast. As total guys are still very snooty about spurs

The Guardian pod seems so disorganized and honestly half of them for being football writers in the football scene talk like they don't have a clue about what's going on.

I'll take the Totally Football show over them any day. I've honestly given up on thinking people are going to ever give Spurs credit. Unless we win the league and make waves in the Champions League then it's all the same. I listen to Spurs pods for credit where credit is due.

Liking both as they have a lot of new voices who are worth a listen like David Preece, Kelly Cates and that Norwegian bloke with the Irish accent.

These 2 podcasts are just D-list celebrity 'journalists' sucking off each other while praising their teams.
Onefootball podcast shits on both of these podcasts.

I like both, just because they're not the same tired bullshit of the Sunday Supplement crowd, or The Game pod from the Times, which is the same bullshit, with better spelling.

Football Fives is better than either of them, I think.

Totally football as no Barry or Rushden, still not perfect though, I'd listen to Jimbo reading the phone book

Basically if either pod gets Rafa or Auclair (although a gooner) it gives that week some real levity, some others are good too with genuine analysis not same old cliches

Really like James Richardson (mid 90's channel 4 helped) so always was going to listen to his new pod.
Never listen to general football pods for spurs talk, thats what the Fighting Cock is for. Listen to Totally Football and The Football Ramble for the general footy chat.

Jimbo by a mile. Can’t stand Rushden and Glendinging, it’s just like listening to their show on TS, rubbish.

FWIW I am really enjoying the new European one by the bbc. Another new one is from the Independent which is getting better and better. Set piece menu is excellent as is The Spanish football podcast. Also new and well worth a listen too is Tifo, the new name from the White board YouTube channel lads that do the cleaver visual explanation thingy.

Jimbo by a mile. Can’t stand Rushden and Glendinging, it’s just like listening to their show on TS, rubbish.

FWIW I am really enjoying the new European one by the bbc. Another new one is from the Independent which is getting better and better. Set piece menu is excellent as is The Spanish football podcast. Also new and well worth a listen too is Tifo, the new name from the White board YouTube channel lads that do the cleaver visual explanation thingy.
The Indy one isn't bad, although Delaney's a bit of a cock. The Tifo guys are good as long as they don't try to talk stats. They get stuff very wrong, very quickly.

Totally Football is all about Jimbo and for me he’s a slimy arrogant but amusing cunt who lives off his Football Italia reputation- but who cares these days?
Guardian has Sid Lowe and Barry Glendenning - and Rushden seems to be a closet Spurs fan. That gets my vote.
Should we have a thread about the myriad of Spurs podcasts? There’s a few and I listen to most of them (long commute).

Exactly what I said above, god knows why they have given the laziest guy Barry the Serie A bit it's really embarrassing, just reading out the results and having no knowlege at all, even getting corrected on names, poor

Exactly what I said above, god knows why they have given the laziest guy Barry the Serie A bit it's really embarrassing, just reading out the results and having no knowlege at all, even getting corrected on names, poor
I used to quite like Baz when he first came on the scene but he’s a right old snake. He was slagging off TalkSport, really laying into them on how shit the shows were and how listening to it’s for more than a couple of hours drove him mad because of all the repetitive adverts. All of which I completely agreed with, but within a matter of weeks he then started working there, all Anita flaky to me. The bloke just hits a nerve with me, and that’s before he’s even started talking football.

Rushden is a bit 1990s, always talking about himself and trying to get some bants features in. Richardson is too in love with everything Italian and seems to forget Spurs are playing every week, it seems to have become a running joke. Can’t really decide which is better, depends on the guests. Personally, I like old Bazza

Back
Top Bottom