Top 4 - struggling to care?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Villa still to go to Palace and Brighton and have Pool,Chelsea and Bournemouth at home.
That’s not an easy run in either.
It’s in our hands though so time for the boys to step up.

Europe too.

I think Villa need 3 wins personally. They should on paper win their next two (Bournemouth and Chelsea at home). That'll put them on 69 points and 9 points clear of us before we even kick a ball against Woolwich.

2 more wins will get us 5th because the chasing pack won’t get 6 wins each.
To finish 4th I think we need 4 wins. Burnley,Sheffield Utd and where the other 6 points come from I’m really not sure.
Will this team produce against Woolwich,City,Pool or Chelsea 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Problem is if we get no or few points before the Burnley and Sheff U games the pressure will be massive and we probably won’t perform.

We didn't get any further in the domestic cup competitions this year without European football.

We also still got a shit ton of injuries.

The more cups you are in the more likely you are to win one

That's not what I meant. I'd rather have the FA Cup next than coming fourth, going into the champions league and not achieving anything.

That's not what I meant. I'd rather have the FA Cup next than coming fourth, going into the champions league and not achieving anything.
Ange has already said that he prefers two matches per week rather than one, especially with all the International breaks (there are three of them before Xmas for the pointless Nations League) and the enforced two week breaks that go with them. At least the CL guarantees at least another eight midweek matches (6 before Xmas), whereas the domestic cups only guarantee two matches,.

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been asked before but what will happen to the spot for Liverpool winning the Carabao Cup? Is that a EL place or ECL place?

I know if Man City win the FA cup that'll mean 6th is guaranteed EL but just not sure on Carabao spot.

Apologies if this has been asked before but what will happen to the spot for Liverpool winning the Carabao Cup? Is that a EL place or ECL place?

I know if Man City win the FA cup that'll mean 6th is guaranteed EL but just not sure on Carabao spot.

Winner gets Conference League - as Liverpool won it, it'll go to the next highest ranked team which is 6th.

Though as you say, if City win FA Cup, 6th will get EL so it'll drop down to 7th. Like last season.

Though if England get that extra CL spot, it'll drop down to 8th place.

Winner gets Conference League - as Liverpool won it, it'll go to the next highest ranked team which is 6th.

Though as you say, if City win FA Cup, 6th will get EL so it'll drop down to 7th. Like last season.

Was trying to figure out how we had 3 EL spots this season and 1 ECL as the eventuality of City winning the FA cup this year would have been the same, but then obviously West Ham got EL spot for winning the ECL hence 3 sides in that comp.

The current Champions of Europe might just about qualify for it again then. :ange-lol:

I'm fine with no CL next season. This team is not there yet and the subs we can make if everybody is fully fit, its not enough quality wise for all competitions.

EL would be healthier for the squad right now. And the youngsters need minutes desperately.

And also who is the last proper first team player coming from the academy? Has to be Skipp. We are short anyway in attack, so its really time for Scarlett and Donley to get more games...

Used to feel like a big deal to get CL football but we've had plenty of experiences of it now. If you offered me no CL but an FA Cup or League Cup next season I'd bite your hand off.

My main incentive for wanting us to qualify is that, on paper, it takes away one excuse from Levy to spend less.

They stole the one at the lane. Aggregate score tells the truth.

They might be today but the way both teams fuck up games they should win, it’s very hard to say which one is better
Whoever finishes higher will tell the truth. No aggregate score.
And it's looking quite convincingly that it will be them .
Who knows maybe we might kick into gear, but it's not looking likely Is it.

I'm fine with no CL next season. This team is not there yet and the subs we can make if everybody is fully fit, its not enough quality wise for all competitions.

EL would be healthier for the squad right now. And the youngsters need minutes desperately.

And also who is the last proper first team player coming from the academy? Has to be Skipp. We are short anyway in attack, so its really time for Scarlett and Donley to get more games...
The Europa league is not for giving youngsters a game unless they earn it on merit. That has been our problem in the past and why we do not win trophies. Youngsters should be introduced as subs in PL matches and if successful mins increased until they justify starting. Whatever cup competition we are in we must play to win it.

Back
Top Bottom