Top 4 - struggling to care?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Villa must be favourites for 4th now, that NLD just became even more momentous.

If we want to finish 4th we are going to have to beat one or probably two of the top 3. Villa’s fixtures are so much easier than ours.

Delighted Villa won - Spurs don’t deserve fourth and I’m struggling to care.
I would happily beat Woolwich and lose every other game we have at this stage.
That won’t happen though

Villa must be favourites for 4th now, that NLD just became even more momentous.

If we want to finish 4th we are going to have to beat one or probably two of the top 3. Villa’s fixtures are so much easier than ours.
I don't know that they're so much easier. They just played Woolwich and that's the game in hand we have over them.

We both play Chelsea and Liverpool (albeit them at home and us away). From there we play 1st, 19th, 20th. They play 10th, 13th, 14th. Both them and us will drop points in those 3 fixtures.

It'll continue to be a race into May I think, but we should have put it to bed already.

I'd say this past weekend was the weekend that sealed top 4 for Villa.

They have Bournemouth at home this weekend and will likely go 6 points clear of us. Two games in hand we'd have which are Chelsea away and City at home.

They then have an opportunity to go 9 points clear of us before we even kick off against Woolwich.

I think Villa could drop points away at Brighton and at home to Liverpool. Which means we'd need atleast 12 points (and hope for a good GD) from our final 18 available to finish above them which isn't happening.

It's not that I don't care about 4th/CL, it's just we're clearly not ready for it yet .
Newcastle qualified last year, and bombed out at the group stage... I don't want that for us .. but we're clearly not in a position to go deep into an Elite tournament like that.

What we MIGHT be ready for, is to take one of the domestic Cups seriously for once in a decade, and actually push for a trophy that would not only get the Monkey off our backs, but summit to build on the season(s) after....

City, Liverpool, Man Utd Woolwich and Chelsea have all won Cups, it's not beneath THEM! so why should it be SOOOO demeaning to us?

We're not winning the League just yet, and qualifying for the CL could do our confidence more harm than good in the short term...

I'd genuinely like us to treat the Europa League with a bit more courtesy... (Assuming we qualify!!!) and stop being such trophy snobs about 'farmers leagues' and Ropey Cups and Mickey Mouse bollocks...

We're a Cup team most of the time, let's build on that shall we???

It's not that I don't care about 4th/CL, it's just we're clearly not ready for it yet .
Newcastle qualified last year, and bombed out at the group stage... I don't want that for us .. but we're clearly not in a position to go deep into an Elite tournament like that.

What we MIGHT be ready for, is to take one of the domestic Cups seriously for once in a decade, and actually push for a trophy that would not only get the Monkey off our backs, but summit to build on the season(s) after....

City, Liverpool, Man Utd Woolwich and Chelsea have all won Cups, it's not beneath THEM! so why should it be SOOOO demeaning to us?

We're not winning the League just yet, and qualifying for the CL could do our confidence more harm than good in the short term...

I'd genuinely like us to treat the Europa League with a bit more courtesy... (Assuming we qualify!!!) and stop being such trophy snobs about 'farmers leagues' and Ropey Cups and Mickey Mouse bollocks...

We're a Cup team most of the time, let's build on that shall we???

If missing out on the champions league next season meant we win the FA cup I’d 100% take that.

2 more wins will get us 5th because the chasing pack won’t get 6 wins each.
To finish 4th I think we need 4 wins. Burnley,Sheffield Utd and where the other 6 points come from I’m really not sure.
Will this team produce against Woolwich,City,Pool or Chelsea 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Villa still to go to Palace and Brighton and have Pool,Chelsea and Bournemouth at home.
That’s not an easy run in either.
It’s in our hands though so time for the boys to step up.

Back
Top Bottom