Top 4 or Woolwich winning the league

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Top 4 or Woolwich winning league

• Total voters
It's not small club mentality to want to get 4th but it is that your most bitter rival fails to win the PL and then has the opportunity to smudge that all over your face, and get all the accompanying benefits. Fcuking eck, I must live in some kind of parallel universe.

Let's get into the CL, which we won't do anything in, so we can say aren't we great. As though 4th is so much better than 5th. Contrast that with 1st and not.

The ramifications of that lot winning the PL far outweigh the impact of finishing outside the top 4

For some people it's not even a hidden agenda.

There’s no hidden agenda. We haven’t won the league for 60 years, Woolwich winning another one means sweet fuck all to me. If it’s not Tottenham winning it then I don’t care.

I want Tottenham to do as well as possible. Nothing else matters. I want to enjoy CL matches under the lights at WHL next season. If achieving that means Woolwich win the league then so be it. Why would you care more about Woolwich than your own club?

It genuinely feels like we're back in the early 2000's with shite conundrums like this, doesn't it
Not really.

Early 2000s we were a lower league team, that would dream of scraping EUFA Cup qualifying, had a stadium that year by year was looking more and more out of place with the best clubs in England and Europe. Had middling revenues and a bloody piss poor squad.

Chalk and cheese to what we are now, for all the woe is me garbage that we're a basket case and poorly run. We do about as well as can be expected with the 4th-5th largest revenue and the 6th largest wage bill.

English title winners nearly always have a top 3 wage bill, and we are a hundred plus million short at least of being in that realm.

The way we were sold so disgustingly short that Summer transfer window as they pushed on and turned the tables is one of the biggest stains of Daniel Levy's tenure. And there are many.
This disgusting conversation is on him. And him only
Utter garbage John.

We have spent 610m euros on transfers in the last 4 seasons. This has nothing to do with "pushing on". The gunners have spent 673m in the same period.

They have nailed a lot of transfers lately, and until Paratici arrived we had a lot of misses.

Stain on Daniel Levy. Fuck off.

I don't want Woolwich to win the league but I won't lose any sleep over it if they do.

There's no option on the poll for me. I want us to win all our games and for Woolwich not to.

Utter garbage John.

We have spent 610m euros on transfers in the last 4 seasons. This has nothing to do with "pushing on". The gunners have spent 673m in the same period.

They have nailed a lot of transfers lately, and until Paratici arrived we had a lot of misses.

100% although I'm not for the language but agree with the sentiment.

Complete lack of objectivity makes it so difficult to have reasoned discourse.

Any game v Woolwich albeit a friendly, testimonial, summer tournament I simply want to beat them. Cant stand the cunts. Their fans are the worst and OTT. Before wenger the most boring club in england. Even their kit annoys me. Its just shit.

Fuck this thread anyway.... Beat them at the weekend and it's over for them.

Angry Look At Me GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

Utter garbage John.

They have a significantly higher wage bill and we have higher revenue by a decent margin. Especially over recent years where we were in the CL and they were not, and yet they were busy increasing their spending and their wage bill.

They took risks to be where they are. Risks we would never take because Daniel Levy is an accountant and runs the club in keeping with that.

Utter garbage John.

Your response us utter garbage and apologetic bullshit to boot. Stop trying to defend the cunt, it's pathetic.
Take another look at the 2022 summer transfer window. We had just qualified for the Champions League at Scums expense who faced the ignominy of Thursday night football.
Take a look at who they signed and what they spent, compare it to us, then come back with a more coherent, sensible reply.

Remember,..It's Gooners who sing "Daniel Levy, we want you to stay" ....and everyone knows why.

They have a significantly higher wage bill and we have higher revenue by a decent margin. Especially over recent years where we were in the CL and they were not, and yet they were busy increasing their spending and their wage bill.

They took risks to be where they are. Risks we would never take because Daniel Levy is an accountant and runs the club in keeping with that.

Was reported our wage bill was higher than theirs after we released our accounts.

Was reported our wage bill was higher than theirs after we released our accounts.

All the club wage bill trackers I could find have them in 3rd, us in 5th.

No idea. Maybe old data. Everyone was delaying their accounts.

Just remember seeing that article and that twitter bloke saying we had ramped up our wage bill. People act like it’s stayed the same. But it hasn’t.

Probably still paying Tanguy £5m a year + too.

Really need to get the loan crap off the playing staff.

Not really.

Early 2000s we were a lower league team, that would dream of scraping EUFA Cup qualifying, had a stadium that year by year was looking more and more out of place with the best clubs in England and Europe. Had middling revenues and a bloody piss poor squad.

Chalk and cheese to what we are now, for all the woe is me garbage that we're a basket case and poorly run. We do about as well as can be expected with the 4th-5th largest revenue and the 6th largest wage bill.

English title winners nearly always have a top 3 wage bill, and we are a hundred plus million short at least of being in that realm.
I guess Martin Jol's tenure at the club didn't happen then.

I guess Martin Jol's tenure at the club didn't happen then.

Jol (and his team) turned the tide for us....

The duldrums of suffering the sight of the scum winning titles were before him (and for the most part before ENIC too). They finished 2nd in Jol's first season and didn't even finish that high again for another 12 years.

Take another look at the 2022 summer transfer window. We had just qualified for the Champions League at Scums expense who faced the ignominy of Thursday night football.
Take a look at who they signed and what they spent, compare it to us, then come back with a more coherent, sensible reply.
They did nothing more extraordinary than we did.

We signed Richarlison, Romero, Udogie, Bissouma, Spence, Forster and Perisic.
That's 3 regular starters in our side this season, and Richarlison would be if not injured.

They signed Jesus, Vieira and Zinchenko. At best 2 starters.

They spent 131m in that window. We spent 171m
So WTF are you on about. I actually cannot believe you've mentioned 'coherent and sensible' after having asked me to look at a transfer window where we outspent, and spent better than them.

Back
Top Bottom