Top 4, bottom 3 & where will Spurs finish?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where will Spurs finish?

• 1st

• 2nd

• 3rd

• 4th

• 5th

• 6th

• Shit season, Poch gets sacked, finish outside top 6

Results are only viewable after voting.
Last season we were poor at times and inconsistent. Tiredness, injuries and our limited formation options contributed to this.

We were without Kane, Aurier, Jan, Alli for large parts of the season and whilst the backups were good enough; they were forced to play every game which in turn burnt them out.

Assuming Toby and Eriksen stay and we don't suffer such bad luck on injuries; I can see us in the top 4.

Liverpool are 1 injury away from dropping significant points. Alison, Mane, Salah, Robertson, Arnold, VVD. If any one of these get an injury for a run of games; they will be in trouble.

United 2 seasons ago this squad finished 2nd. A poor start to last season has given a false impression that this united squad are rubbish. I have a feeling that Ole will play Martial as a center forward with Rashford and James (or Sanchez) cutting in. It wouldn't surprise me if United were challenging for the title this year.

Woolwich - it would be wrong to write them off. Decent squad but as usual; poor defensively. Their downfall this season will be the fan base. If the Emirates is full of Boo's and banners slagging off the ownership they will fail to motivate their players.

Chelsea - Hazard out. Loftus cheek injured. Ageing squad. Can Lampard get them motivated? I imagine they will see a strong start to the season but run out of steam by Xmas.

Spurs - May well be the toughest season Poch has faced. Other teams are looking strong and Everton/Wolves will be clipping at the heals of the top 4. Need to keep Lamela, Toby, Kane fit and use rotation of players more effectual.

Top 4 prediction

1. City
2. United
3. Liverpool
4. Spurs
5. Arse
6. Everton
7. Chelsea

Bottom 3

18. Newcastle
19. Sheffield
20. Norwich
I agree with your assessment about Manure, but don't think they'll finish so high. They're definitely in with a shout for top 4, though. Early pre-season, much improved fitness regimen, young hungry team by the looks of it, all that should make them competitive.

I agree with your assessment about Manure, but don't think they'll finish so high. They're definitely in with a shout for top 4, though. Early pre-season, much improved fitness regimen, young hungry team by the looks of it, all that should make them competitive.
Depending on who they sign before the window closes, can’t see United realistically challenging for the Title, I’d be surprised if they finished above Spurs.
A lot depends on whether Pogba stays also and if he is properly motivated, if not who they sign to replace him. Assuming Lukaku goes, who they replace him with will have a bearing also.

The key for me is do we go stratospheric due to everyone knowing the Poch 'way' or whether things are getting stale and he's flogging a team of dead horses.

Or a mix of the 2, thats why I think we finish 3rd/4th.

1: Citeh
2: The mighty Tottenham
3: Dippers
4: The Glory Hunters (Man Utd)
5: Chavs
6: Blue Scousers

18: Sh.United
19: Brighton
20: Mike Ashley's boys.

Tried to predict the results of the first 5 games of the new season using this website.

table.png

Wolves and Chelsea to start slow (the former because of their EL campaign, the latter because I don't rate them this season). Surprisingly West Ham are in top 4 but surely won't last long there and Spurs with one loss away at City and a draw on Emirates.

Optimist projection for 2019/20 for Spurs - we repeat our points per match form through week 26 of last season (2.3), but average that over the entire campaign, meaning we finish with 88 points. New signings, new stadium, lets fucking go!

:kanegoal:

Can't see us finishing higher than 3rd this season.

Liverpool and City are both ahead of us by some margin. Ndombele definitely makes up some ground though. You could argue that, fully fit, our starting team can beat anyone but our squad depth is poor in comparison to those two. It's a long season with a lot of games crammed in, so injuries are almost a certainty.

If we were to get rid of Eriksen (who doesn't want to be here) and bring in Lo Celso (not quite as good but close enough and wants to be here), Sessengon and a big name signing like Dybala then maybe we'd be able to compete for the title. But as it stands, it's unlikely unless Liverpool and City have a stinker.

Chelsea are fucked. I can't see them finishing higher than 8th - Hazard was so important to their team. Without him, they're worse than Everton. Woolwich still have a shite defence so they'll be lucky to finish 5th. I really hope Pepe flops and turns out to be utter dog shit. United will probably sneak Top 4 this season. Everton might do well. I reckon Sheffield Utd, Norwich and Brighton will drop - Villa will be alright.

1st --> City
2nd --> Liverpool
3rd --> United
4th --> Spurs
18th --> Newcastle
19th --> Villa
20th --> Norwich

Citeh
Spurs
Liverpool
Chelsea
Woolwich
Soton
MUFC
Leicester
Everton
Wolves
Brighton
West Ham
Burnley
Bournemouth
Watford
Sheffield Utd
Norwich
Aston Villa
Crystal Palace
Newcastle

It looks like the tide has finally turned for us; we are no longer perceived by ex-pros and pundits as ‘plucky’ Spurs, ‘hopeful’ of a top-four finish. They are finally realising that, whilst not as strong as a financially doped team with limitless funds, we are certainly a lot stronger than the legacy “top four” bar Liverpool. Talk of top six needs to stop, however; it’s clear there is now a top three and fourth place is anybody’s game.

Back
Top Bottom