Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The man has been the very model of a professional even whilst considering his options. I am proud to have him represent my team. Huge signing, if we can now get Jan signed up and move Eriksen on, then the club will be in an immeasurably better position than they have been for some time. COYS.
The very model of a professional??

He downed tools under Poch.

Don't want to say I told you so but

I-told-you-so2.jpg

Surprised this happened now, honestly thought it would happen in February.
You ok hun?

Only jesting. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

On subject, since it looks like we’ve decided to play without a midfield, Toby’s long passing should be a major asset for us going forward. Hope he can regain his top class form again.

You ok hun?

Only jesting. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

On subject, since it looks like we’ve decided to play without a midfield, Toby’s long passing should be a major asset for us going forward. Hope he can regain his top class form again.
Merry Christmas to you too mate.

He's a long way to go before he becomes Toby of old, and his long passing only exists if he isn't put under any pressure, but he's now our player in contract and hopefully spirit.

I imagine that's Tanganga for the off though. That could be a huge mistake.

Did he? Or did the press tell you that because they wanted to create an apparent crisis out of nothing?
Watch him previously under Poch. No leadership, no passion, conceded a goal and simply put the head down and walked back into position. Now he's shouting at those round him, trying to hold a line and reacting to goals going in.

That is blatantly obvious, he downed tools under Poch.

Does anyone feel that his decision to settle the issue now is a bit off?
He was part of a cabal that used their contract status to remove the manager.

I think it will be good for us (Alderweireld long term under Mourinho), but I also think player power is to the detriment of the game.

I think it will be good for us (Alderweireld long term under Mourinho), but I also think player power is to the detriment of the game.

Completely, but its an issue bigger than Toby or Tottenham.

If players want a manager gone there is very little anyone can do about it. Modern Football.

Merry Christmas to you too mate.

He's a long way to go before he becomes Toby of old, and his long passing only exists if he isn't put under any pressure, but he's now our player in contract and hopefully spirit.

I imagine that's Tanganga for the off though. That could be a huge mistake.
Hes 20 years of age, he could go on loan or train with two vastly experienced internationals for a year or two before he makes inroads-its extremely rare to see a 20 year old centre back starting for a top club.

Watch him previously under Poch. No leadership, no passion, conceded a goal and simply put the head down and walked back into position. Now he's shouting at those round him, trying to hold a line and reacting to goals going in.

That is blatantly obvious, he downed tools under Poch.
If he downed tools he wouldn't have been playing, in my opinion. Perhaps his passion dropped off a bit, but perhaps a cause of Poch dropping him for extended periods. That would piss anyone off, and especially somebody of Toby's standards.

No! Way! GET THE F IN THERE!!!! :tobyarm:
We will need him SO MUCH for Mourinho's style of play, because of his excellent long range passing. Now Jan next please Levy.

A cabal!? Bit harsh that. Poch has nobody to blame but himself for getting the boot mate, Toby has done nothing wrong whasoever-always kept his mouth shut in the press and tried on the pitch.
Approaching his last years as a pro I don't blame him for considering his future the last year or so before signing possibly his last contract-now hes made a decision because of Mourinho coming in which is totally fair enough imo.

Has been for a while,to be fair.Just not at Tottenham.
We truly have moved into the big league now...

Back
Top Bottom