"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Undrawables?
DtKDn0FWoAAfY8o.jpg

:vertna:

We ain’t going to win the title.
Love it if we do, but let’s not get carried away.
To finish 2nd would be a massive achievement considering then circumstances with the stadium, injuries and transfer non activity.
Especially after all the money spent by the clubs to win the thing and our position commercially.
Consistently finishing in top 4 for us is a major achievement and it pisses offf one of Chelsea, Woolwich Man U or City .

It would be great to see us win a title but it’s not in our hands.
Let’s just concentrate on winning our games and what happens happens.
As long as we get CL football for the new stadium we should be happy. Automatic qualification even happier.
A cup and automatic qualification CL : over the fucking moon John
The title last day of the season Salah having a last minute penalty saved by Patricio . A long punt down the other end sees Van Djick miscontrol the ball, slip over leaving Adama one on one with Alisson, he releases a weak shot Allison fumbles and it trickles through his legs and over the line.
Meanwhile Spurs win comfortably with Kane netting all 3 and beating Salah to the golden boot
If Carlsberg did football and masturbation

The GALLING, INCONTROVERTIBLE matter is that for 4 seasons we have been nigh on brilliant and by far the most consistent and yet again..

We sit 2nd behind a team who are surpassing our worldie of a season.

To coin a few words from a Lemar song if there's any justice in the world.

Fcuking frustrating but so unbelievably proud of our team at present.

Remember what Poch said, people outside the club, mainly the supporters need to get this small club mentality out of our heads.

Nobody expected us to be in the position we're in at the moment, we're a different club now, we often don't respond to defeats by going on a slump, since the 4-2 reverse at the new library we've won every match except the Barca 1-1, where we had the chances to win that too.

We have as much a chance to win the title as anyone, a couple of months or so ago, if you'd said that Man City would lose back to back games against Crystal Palace and Leicester most would have laughed at you, the Dippers may look great now, but there's every chance they'll drop points down the line, the difference between them and us is that we've already had our mini slump and got over it, they haven't.

We've been pushing for the title for several years now, it's time to stop thinking "it would be great" and start thinking like proper contenders.

The weirdest thing about it all is we are experienced in these attempts. It's like we have already done and failed a couple, so the mentality and approach has changed. And if it hasn't, then we do deserve what we get. I don't think another loss can hurt us. Right now, for what we have been through the past 2-3 seasons, I believe we do deserve to win the league.

That is what Poch means by mentality switch, not that we deserve to win the league because it is a pipe dream. No, we actually are worthy winners no matter how we get there, for all the effort that has already gone in. If that mental block is overcome, it means we have a genuine logical reason to take any opportunity we get.

Bollocks to all this defeatist talk as if us winning the title is some absurd pipe dream. We are right fucking in it. Liverpool aren't some invincible outfit and we are a bloody good side more than capable of going on a run and beating those dipper cunts away if need be (battered them there last year). I'm certain we would've won the thing two years ago if those Chelski cunts were in Europe. You've gotta believe or else what is the point.

To me I measure my feelings towards a club and their results largely on the supporters. I don't think there's many football clubs and squads I could find myself particularly aggrieved by. If you take the idea far enough down, it's not the Citeh or Chav squads' fault they were bought with dirty money so why begrudge David Silva or Hazard a medal - as you say they're both lovely footballers.

No, dippers are supported by cunts. Despicable victim syndrome cunts, who enabled and defended a blatant racist cunt. I don't care what the footy looks like, I don't want those fucking bastards to have the joy.
What the fuck are you talking about?

I will drink myself to death if we win the bastard.....and die happy. The adrenaline i get when we win a league game against anyone is bad enough but it would go off the fucking scale if we ever won the league.

Back
Top Bottom