"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's exciting but I can't see it happening. Chelsea are 4 points ahead and they have a much easier road ahead of them. Kane, Dele, Eriksen, Alderweireld, Hugo they're all world class at the moment but they still have to face Woolwich and United. Chelsea's toughest opponent coming up is Everton, everyone else they have to face is shit teams like West Ham and Sunderland. The fact that players like Costa and Hazard clearly give 0 fucks about their club is encouraging, but still....

It would take the least "Spursy" performance in more than a decade, combined with Chelsea collapsing in such a dramatic fashion that people would talk about it for a decade.

I'm not too fussed about not winning it either, it's fun actually being involved in a title race. Last season was exciting, this is more-so because it's Chelsea we could overtake. Combined with the prospect of a trophy and Woolwich's downfall, I've enjoyed every second of this season.

Squad is young and developed within our club unlike others in England where they have to spend millions to challenge and maintain their positions and are STILL behind us and looking likely to finish below us. New Stadium. New system.

Remember these times guys, football is ever-changing and we won't always have this prosperity so enjoy it while it lasts, feels like yesterday we were nowhere near this level, losing 4-0/5-0 to city and liverpool, pessimistic before almost every game... This is different. This is a new Tottenham. Second is still a success, we've improved greatly, next year will be even better. Lets secure Champions league because that's what matters the most right now. Win each game as they come.

Right now our focus is on securing our first trophy in almost 10 years. I have so much faith in our team for the first time in a very long time.

Come on you spurs!

Whatever happens, I hope you guys get out there and sing your hearts out at the last season at the Lane. I'll almost never have a chance to see Spurs live, but I'm proud to say that you all are the best fans in the league and I'm happy to be with y'all in spirit if not in person. I can feel the excitement and togetherness that can only come from genuine and passionate football, and whatever happens we can be proud of each other. I've been on this forum for quite some time and it's given me a lot of joy to see such genuine supporters. Thank you for such a great time, and whatever happens we'll always be here with Lilywhite hearts!

Whatever happens, I hope you guys get out there and sing your hearts out at the last season at the Lane. I'll almost never have a chance to see Spurs live, but I'm proud to say that you all are the best fans in the league and I'm happy to be with y'all in spirit if not in person. I can feel the excitement and togetherness that can only come from genuine and passionate football, and whatever happens we can be proud of each other. I've been on this forum for quite some time and it's given me a lot of joy to see such genuine supporters. Thank you for such a great time, and whatever happens we'll always be here with Lilywhite hearts!
You're welcome. Can you please send us all £50 in the post?

I hope you're not going anywhere B. Hope everything's ok. :thumbup:

We can but Chavs have to screw up, big time.
They've already started screwing up. They've lost 2 in the last 4. And those losses aren't too surprising, I've been saying for some time that there is evidence that they're over achieving and likely to hit some poor results:

- their last 10 PL matches, they've conceded in every one
(think about that a second - you win titles through your defence. Their defence got them top of the table, but it's not been working properly since mid-Jan);
- some of their wins against bottom teams have been very fortunate
(St holder I know there said Swansea should have got a draw; Hull were the better team);
- Costa's form is shite. Conte should be dropping him, but he doesnt seem able to.

There's other things I could point to. Conte has been here before as Juventus captain where his team blew an 8 point lead over Lazio in the last few matches. Couldn't sleep for 6 nights after that, the man's got demons. He'll be thinking the nightmare is happening all over again.

I think Saints could get at least a draw at Chavs; they've provided the best opposition at WHL since mid-Jan, far better than Everton. If they blow the semi, and we're within 2 points with 5 matches to go, I think they'll go to pieces. Every Journo will be asking is it Juventus and Lazio all over again. With that sort of pressure, he'll go bald all over again.

I hope we stick Dier or Wanyama on Hazard and nullify him on Saturday.

Because then it'll be proven to work and will show that Chelsea really haven't learned anything.

Romeu has been brilliant this season for Southampton. Just stick him on Hazard on Tuesday and they'll see the same benefit.

That's the positive with Chelsea only having Kante/Matic in midfield. None of them are going to make the space count from Romeu being missing.

The double is possible, but we shouldn't fantasize too much at this point, go game by game. Because the dream of a double could be over in 7 days.

We need to go to Wembley now and finally perform there. Most of our recent games there have been poor. We have to advance, and I have no doubt we will. We want it more than Chelsea.

As for the league, we have got a tough away game next week and the derby right afterwards. With our style, our form and the hunger, I don't expect to drop points there, but it could change in any moment.

No need to look at the fixtures and speculate on decisive weekends. That's what cost us last season.

Don't get why everyone is so fixated on what just happened at Old Trafford and why this is a blueprint to beat Chelsea. We did beat them, played them off the park in fact and prevented them form breaking the record of the number of successive wins. We know how to beat them, they know this too.

Who has the biggest problem to solve of the two sides?
1. Chelsea trying to stop Tottenham
or
2. Tottenham trying to stop Chelsea

I see pundits are saying how Terry announcing he is leaving is coming at a bad time and could distract them. How?

Surely this would just make them want to win even more so Terry can end end the season on a high with the chance of a double?

Don't get why everyone is so fixated on what just happened at Old Trafford and why this is a blueprint to beat Chelsea. We did beat them, played them off the park in fact and prevented them form breaking the record of the number of successive wins. We know how to beat them, they know this too.

Who has the biggest problem to solve of the two sides?
1. Chelsea trying to stop Tottenham
or
2. Tottenham trying to stop Chelsea

Yep.....just mentioned it it another thread. Chelsea had done Utd twice already (one 4-0), by time we beat them at WHL 4 months ago.

Yet we need to learn from Jose?

I see pundits are saying how Terry announcing he is leaving is coming at a bad time and could distract them. How?

Surely this would just make them want to win even more so Terry can end end the season on a high with the chance of a double?

I think it's a selfish move by Terry - as always he's tried to make it about him.

A proper Captain would have waited until the end of the season.

with mourinhos tactic on hazard was different he didint gave away a midfield to mark up the hazard he moved a player (which good in defending )and moved him to the rb or rcm where ever hazard goes and he added up one more player to the midfield it wasnt a 4-2-3-1

Back
Top Bottom