"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just thinking about Chelsea's run in and them having to play Southampton. Let us not underestimate their willingness to want to do Poch a favour. Their ex manager whom many of them have spoken of in glowing terms.

I reckon doing Poch a favour is the last thing Soton want!

Overall, the only winning scenario I can see is us being level on points going into the last 4. That means Chelsea have to draw and lose the next 2 - not impossible but very unlikely.

Mind, if we beat them next weekend, and then if they do draw at home to Soton, we'll be so fired up for Palace, and then it's game on 30 April, with them playing Everton first.

I think the bookies have it right - one chance in six, but enjoy it folks, it's a great time to be a Spurs fan.

We will have to win all of our remaining games to stand a chance in my opinion - that would actually mean we'd have gone on a 13 game winning streak in the league.

Only two teams have ever gone on a run so long. Chelsea (this season before we ended it) and Woolwich (when they went 14 games unbeaten in 2002).

Yeah such behaviour is very "Scousery"

FA Cup the focus for now too, so let's calm it and enjoy the semi final then comes a big battle against a tough palace side

One game at a time
Good post. I'm getting myself dizzy thinking about it and so will the players. Better to concentrate on one game at a time. Being in an FA Cup semi final is exciting enough without thinking about anything else.

We will have to win all of our remaining games to stand a chance in my opinion - that would actually mean we'd have gone on a 13 game winning streak in the league.

Only two teams have ever gone on a run so long. Chelsea (this season before we ended it) and Woolwich (when they went 14 games unbeaten in 2002).

Would be so spursy to actually go on a 13 games unbeaten run without the chance of making it 14 in the same season......
But I would take that!

Would be so spursy to actually go on a 13 games unbeaten run without the chance of making it 14 in the same season......
But I would take that!

Woolwich didn't make it 14 in the same season. The record still carries on into the next season. They actually won their last 13 games and won the league. Only losing 3 games all season. Winning the double..

Woolwich didn't make it 14 in the same season. The record still carries on into the next season. They actually won their last 13 games and won the league. Only losing 3 games all season. Winning the double..

sheldon-hyperventilating-big-bang-theory.gif

No, 'we're' not. Make sure we get top 4 before we get carried away with winning the thing.

I know we need to get top 4 but we need to start believing becaus we are a fucking good team, to dare is to do! For the first time in my life as a spurs fan I don't want to be worried about who is behind us, I just want to look at the chavs and that they are 4 points in front and believe that we can catch them, it's better to fail trying then to not try at all........

Man Utd fixtures:

Burnley (A) - A team who has the 6th best home form in the league. Ridiculously tough to beat. Played after a Europa League game which could seal their place in a semi final.

Man City (A) - Another tough game, this is their game in hand I believe. I doubt they go to Man City and pick up all three points.

Swansea (H) - Probably their most guaranteed win.

Woolwich (A) - Two teams fighting for a top four finish. This comes after their Semi Final first leg if they get there, we'll see what they really care about here. A top four finish or a place in the final to try and get Champions League that way.

Tottenham (A) - Last ever game at White Hart Lane. Comes after the second leg of the semi final. I don't think they will be able to cope with us.

Southampton (A) - Can always be a tough fixture.

Crystal Palace (H) - Will most likely be a nothing match.

Wait... Who gives a fuck about Man Utd? We are in for the title here. Man Utd aren't even on the fucking radar. But to put it to you, they have SEVEN games left and fucking FIVE of them are away from home. They aren't even going to muster up half the points we'll get from now to the end of the season.

Chelsea's run in is a piece of piss. For us to pick up maximum points (having already won 7 on the bounce) AND for them to fuck up that bad, will take a miracle.
Chelsea is on a bad form because costa cant score and they lost alonso which cost them in the united game . i think chelsea will drop points for sure

to take a look at those games of chelsea. they can easily drop points aganist WBA or everton and if boro needs a point to survive the relegation they can give a mare to chelsea

the thing is we need to win all games which looks more hard in brief its not impossible nor miracle but its still hard .

My home town team are on their way to winning the National League South and after 38 games they were on 89 points with a record of 27 wins 8 draws and 3 defeats. And I'm gonna take that as a good omen personally.

Man Utd fixtures:

Burnley (A) - A team who has the 6th best home form in the league. Ridiculously tough to beat. Played after a Europa League game which could seal their place in a semi final.

Man City (A) - Another tough game, this is their game in hand I believe. I doubt they go to Man City and pick up all three points.

Swansea (H) - Probably their most guaranteed win.

Woolwich (A) - Two teams fighting for a top four finish. This comes after their Semi Final first leg if they get there, we'll see what they really care about here. A top four finish or a place in the final to try and get Champions League that way.

Tottenham (A) - Last ever game at White Hart Lane. Comes after the second leg of the semi final. I don't think they will be able to cope with us.

Southampton (A) - Can always be a tough fixture.

Crystal Palace (H) - Will most likely be a nothing match.

Wait... Who gives a fuck about Man Utd? We are in for the title here. Man Utd aren't even on the fucking radar. But to put it to you, they have SEVEN games left and fucking FIVE of them are away from home. They aren't even going to muster up half the points we'll get from now to the end of the season.
Second leg of the semi? Thought they did away with that?

My home town team are on their way to winning the National League South and after 38 games they were on 89 points with a record of 27 wins 8 draws and 3 defeats. And I'm gonna take that as a good omen personally.

the bloke who did the pre-match music was always very good at York Road

He's just trying to relieve his players of the pressure which is smart imo
The problem is that they pay players 250k a week, and regularly spend 30-40M for players they leave on the bench, or fuck off after one season.
They do not have a policy of building. They buy whatever they want, whenever they want and pay the highest fees on the back of that player having one decent season in a lot of cases.

They want the quick fix, not the long haul......then you have to laugh when they start wobbling on the home straight and all of a sudden there should be no expectations on their squad. Where was all that talk when they were 12 points clear?

We are the team with no expectations. Our target was 4th.

The media are just as bad. Still no one really giving us a hope, but they will be quick to call us bottlers the second we lose a match.

Back
Top Bottom