Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really not sure. If we do sign him then we need to sell Solomon and use Werner as backup or an off the bench option in the last 10 minutes. He does the basics ok but whats the point of having a wing forward that shrinks in front of goal?

The thought of having Werner and Solomon as our left sided options next season is really grim. Not even sure that would count as mid table level. I mean i guess Son could go out there if we buy a centre forward but i dont see him as a winger anymore.

He was bad yesterday but we all know he has games where he's dog shit, and games where he looks a really good player. He's a good squad player, nothing more, nothing less. If we sign him for the price suggested then great. If we don't, never mind.

Thought he was good again. Fine margins in football if he scores the chances he misses he will be one of the best forwards in the world.

He needs to find a way to make it happen.

It's funny how he splits opinion. The two last posts show it. One saying good other saying bad. He gets himself into good positions, then wastes it mostly. Agree with the general overall opinion; a mid table premier player who has his good days and could be a squad option.

However, he's on a massive salary seemingly on par with Kane and Ndombele. I think theres better options, and showing a bit of ambition is needed looking at our front line last several months.

Against stronger opposition the easy chances he misses will cost us points.

No brainer signing, £15m and causes huge issues for the opposition.

You can say that only makes an impact sub but if the club can’t pay £15m and also sign an elite left winger for however much then we have no business saying we are a big club or charging the most money for tickets.

If Werner and Johnson aren’t good enough for the first 11, they are good enough for the squad, we then just need to also get players as good or better.

werner.png

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

No brainer signing, £15m and causes huge issues for the opposition.

You can say that only makes an impact sub but if the club can’t pay £15m and also sign an elite left winger for however much then we have no business saying we are a big club or charging the most money for tickets.

If Werner and Johnson aren’t good enough for the first 11, they are good enough for the squad, we then just need to also get players as good or better.

Useful this season but we should be doing better or opening up a direct line to the academy. If we didnt have Solomon I’d say yes but no reason to settle for an average player because he’s cheap.

I really rate him. Direct, just needs to add the Goals. For 15 mil it's a no brainer tbh
He’s not going to add goals though. I agree he’s a great squad player for 15M but it’s beyond lunacy if you think that at his age, he adds composure to his game. You have to accept he’s an erratic finisher and I’m cool with that

Useful this season but we should be doing better or opening up a direct line to the academy. If we didnt have Solomon I’d say yes but no reason to settle for an average player because he’s cheap.
He’s not average, he’s had an impact in most games

If he’s on a massive salary we shouldn’t sign him, pretty simple. He causes a threat and pulls opposition players towards him but if there’s no end product there’s no point paying him a lot.

If he’s on a massive salary we shouldn’t sign him, pretty simple. He causes a threat and pulls opposition players towards him but if there’s no end product there’s no point paying him a lot.
There is end product tho - two goals and two assists and he does stretch a game

Better than Kulu.

He is at the wrong side of 25 to improve his play or his poor scoring record. So don't expect more than what you see now.

Back
Top Bottom