Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was such a Timo Werner performance. It would've been the absolutely dictionary definition of a Timo Werner performance if he had missed the open goal.

He is what he is and will never be more but will always be quite useful.
He did what we want him to do in this game - attack the full back with the ball, rather than turning backwards or running in behind offside 9 times out of 10.
Shame the officials didn’t reward him but more of this please!

In block 248 30 odd rows back from the corner flag in SE corner; in that 2nd half he had the beating of the defenders pretty much every time he tried.

And of course nailed on pen.

He's only played half a dozen games, absolutely no time to get used to Ange style. I think he's been pretty good so far and I expect him to improve with each game.

Edit: decent footie brain too. With the non-pen, he cut across his man to make sure he couldn't tackle him (and yes we know what happened lol). And with the one on one he immediately cut across the chasing defender to make sure any tackle would have to be from behind and instant red (except we know what would have happened).
On MotD Jenas highlighted his movement for his goal. He was near the penalty spot, took a couple of steps back to draw the defender out with him before quickly moving into the space that the latter had created to meet the cross.

Don't know if it was something they'd practiced or purely instinct but it worked a treat. Puts the lie to the sneering "simple tap-in" line that the nay-sayers were keen to peddle.

I’m really on the fence. I like him, I think he’s a nice lad and works hard. He’s cheap etc. BUT for the level we want to be at I feel we need a winger that can take on his man and has a higher output.
I like kvara alot and the only real son successor imo

wingers with higher output will be in 100 mill range and no way are we paying that much for one even though i think it will be gamechanging for us

Werner could go on a run now. He will have confidence and he's another like Johnson that has consistently been in position to score or assist every time he's played.

Still far from convinced he's the answer to the star power forward we need but he has a chance and some confidence to really stake his claim in the next few weeks. Villa's high line couldn't be a better fit for him really. Especially with them focused on Son.

They are tailor made for us, providing that crafty fucker Emery doesn't suss that the best way to beat us to go low block and break.

If they try and trade blows and play that high line we are going to score goals.
They did a number on the Goons, 1-0, but they were lucky to get anything out of that game at all.

Villa were in a decent vein of form then (they aren't now) and Goons had lost a few.

If one is seeking a player with pace and decision-making and finishing..good luck trying to convince mbappe to join the postecoglu project.

For the rest of us mortals we just need a team with good mix of all the attributes that gel together and play as a unit
We already have that player in Son.

I think we need a player like Kante in the CDM... if we do we can compete against anyone.

Werner could go on a run now. He will have confidence and he's another like Johnson that has consistently been in position to score or assist every time he's played.

Still far from convinced he's the answer to the star power forward we need but he has a chance and some confidence to really stake his claim in the next few weeks. Villa's high line couldn't be a better fit for him really. Especially with them focused on Son.
Problem is that he misses a lot those sitters.... He kind of needs to be served on a platter like Richarlison to be effective near goal.

If we can give Timo a confidence and make him feel loved we might just unlock his previous scoring ability.

Can you imagine what a player we’d have if he found his scoring boots?!

The salty chavs would just be the icing on the cake! 😂

That shot from the camera behind the goal of his goal may be one of the best things I've seen in a while. I swear in the second or two from it leaving foot to hitting the back of the net, I saw in Timo's face:

One, I do wonder how well I hit that?
Two, this is going in. OMG, it's actually going in!
Three, pure joy

Ange, plus Son both as a player and person may just have found the secret code to the jigzaw of his raw talent from all the way back when he signed for you know who
:ange-clap::sonpoint:

Back
Top Bottom