Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like the 3 of Werner, Son and Johnson. Not sure if that is best against tired legs or to start and tire thr oppo out quicker
At the moment, I'd say the latter for Johnson. He's building up his confidence and he's going to do it a lot faster as an impact sub, coming up in the last 20 and causing them problems. If he can keep getting those crosses in or take some quality shots he'll feel like a Knight saving the day. It will hopefully win the doubters over and he'll really start to believe in himself.

Tired legs. We need 60 minutes of Vlahovic (if we can’t get H back) then the pacemen.

I'd defo prefer a ST that can play for 90mins personally.... Especially if we're gonna spend a f'kin fortune on them.

Besides; can Vhalovic run and press like a madman? Never struck me as that type.

Why? With 5 subs it is very much a squad game.

Cos they're supposed to be options........ Spending massive money on a ST that can only hack 60mins and has to be subbed by default is like starting the game with 4 subs.......

Remember Ndombele..... What you're proposing would be similar.

Cos they're supposed to be options........ Spending massive money on a ST that can only hack 60mins and has to be subbed by default is like starting the game with 4 subs.......

Remember Ndombele..... What you're proposing would be similar.
You wouldn’t have to sub him, it would be an option. It assumes we would have the problem of breaking down a block defence in the first 60 minutes of most games, towards the end maybe things open up.

Comparing Vlahovic to Ndombele is ridiculous.

You wouldn’t have to sub him, it would be an option. It assumes we would have the problem of breaking down a block defence in the first 60 minutes of most games, towards the end maybe things open up.

Comparing Vlahovic to Ndombele is ridiculous.

Not in context it's not.

Not in context it's not.
Ndombele trousered a huge salary then downed tools.

You don't like Vlahovic, I get it, but what is there in his career to suggest he is anything but a good professional? Everything Ange has said about recruitment shows he values character over talent, we won't make the Ndombele mistake as long as he has a say in things.

Ndombele trousered a huge salary then downed tools.

You don't like Vlahovic, I get it, but what is there in his career to suggest he is anything but a good professional? Everything Ange has said about recruitment shows he values character over talent, we won't make the Ndombele mistake as long as he has a say in things.

I was referencing his lack of ability to play for longer than 60mins and that it was pretty much carved in stone that we'd have to sub him; thus effectively starting games with the option of one less sub.

Here's an idea; if we're gonna spend 70-80-90m on a ST let's get one we think CAN be effective against a parked bus, cos that's what we'll face 60-70% of the time.

I was referencing his lack of ability to play for longer than 60mins and that it was pretty much carved in stone that we'd have to sub him; thus effectively starting games with the option of one less sub.

Here's an idea; if we're gonna spend 70-80-90m on a ST let's get one we think CAN be effective against a parked bus, cos that's what we'll face 60-70% of the time.
Under playing style Wikipedia says: "Vlahović is potent and clinical in the penalty box and is a devastating finisher in the penalty area, as he is able to hold his position in order to pin the opposition back into their box, before swiftly making a movement into the channels as his team look to locate areas within the final third."

Under playing style Wikipedia says: "Vlahović is potent and clinical in the penalty box and is a devastating finisher in the penalty area, as he is able to hold his position in order to pin the opposition back into their box, before swiftly making a movement into the channels as his team look to locate areas within the final third."

Which is completely null if they've already parked the bus.

We barely got into the CP box in the 1st half yday.

This has nothing to do with anything, but I noticed something about Werner that I now cannot UN-see...
20180602_FIFA_Friendly_Match_Austria_vs._Germany_Timo_Werner_850_0621.jpg

Ready....?

HE HAS FRANK LAMPARD'S MOUTH!
60805-1674474858.jpg

I defy any of you not to see it next time he's interviewed!

You mean like Son?
No, hes more of an inside forward, and a very good one at that. I mean a classic 9 - someone who can hold the ball up if we need it, someone who takes one touch and shoots (usually low and in the corners) who doesnt slow down out attack... basically someone not unlike England's captain, but we know we arent getting him back. Not sure who else is out there who does that anymore, or who is realistically "gettable".

Last edited:
Werner and Johnson are the type of players Spurs should stick with and continue to improve. Pace is an underrated attribute for a team like Spurs and you can't teach a player to be fast. Without it spurs will be a predictable team of kulusevskis and easy to strategize against . Finishing and Decision making can always be improved through coaching/confidence

Well if anything, speed is one and single most overrated attribute in world of attacking players.

Go and find posts about Adama Traore for proof. Also regarding "teaching finishing and decision making". Go on, teach him finishing and decision making then and earn yourself like 20-30-40 million by it. It either is not as simple or footballing clubs and managers just really hate money.

When I was looking at the Palace game (specially first 60 min), I just couldn't stop thinking that... if only we had someone of Werner's pace and Kulu's brain. We actually would need a combination of both - good pace and good brain. Also a good touch but that already is there in case of both of them.

Back
Top Bottom