Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was decent enough but can’t hit a barn door with a banjo. I know he has to learn the system but that chance when he pulled it miles across the face of the goal was nothing to do with learning a system, it was gash.

I’m glad it’s a loan, finger crossed for him though, has a decent attitude

his actual football is clean, he moves really well too. just all falls apart when in front of goal, big ange should just tell him hes there to assist richy mainly. on occasions hes going to have to go for goal himself but worry about assists more than goals for now.

his actual football is clean, he moves really well too. just all falls apart when in front of goal, big ange should just tell him hes there to assist richy mainly. on occasions hes going to have to go for goal himself but worry about assists more than goals for now.

I think with the goal assist and that header for Richi that's probably his instructions.

Worked well!

If you take out his laughable 2 years at Chelsea then his xG is actually more than respectable, 95 from 159 in his first stint at Leipzig and 24 from 57 for Germany tells me that he can be lethal in front of goal when in form.

His "highlights" reel at Chelsea is hilarious but also paints a somewhat unfair picture of the guy. I think he can score a good amount of goals in this system.

we have seen how spurs players shoot ... no one has a better shooting technique than Kane.
after that it's Son and Maddison. followed by Bentancur , LoCelso, Romero

all others are pretty crappy hit & miss- kulu, bJ, richy , PEH, Skippetc

If you take out his laughable 2 years at Chelsea then his xG is actually more than respectable, 95 from 159 in his first stint at Leipzig and 24 from 57 for Germany tells me that he can be lethal in front of goal when in form.

His "highlights" reel at Chelsea is hilarious but also paints a somewhat unfair picture of the guy. I think he can score a good amount of goals in this system.
yea hes defo got a player in him. get him bang on finishing drills in training. the rest of his game is good. i think in an open game and on the break he could be out best wide player. hes a better footballer than son and johnson and is on their level in terms of speed.

we have seen how spurs players shoot ... no one has a better shooting technique than Kane.
after that it's Son and Maddison. followed by Bentancur , LoCelso, Romero

all others are pretty crappy hit & miss- kulu, bJ, richy , PEH, Skippetc
Kane is all around better player but shooting and finishing Son is the best we have ever seen in a Spurs shirt, even better than Kane. I can even argue that he is one of the best ever to do it in the PL.

Kane is all around better player but shooting and finishing Son is the best we have ever seen in a Spurs shirt, even better than Kane. I can even argue that he is one of the best ever to do it in the PL.

Personally I’m not sure who has a better shooting between the two. Son certainly has elite finishing, world class actually. His highlights reel is incredible. He’s been unfairly overlooked.

Personally I’m not sure who has a better shooting between the two. Son certainly has elite finishing, world class actually. His highlights reel is incredible. He’s been unfairly overlooked.

I think Kane is more clinical inside the box -usually accurate low shots while Son is more explosive , longer range and curl.

Considering he's only had one or two sessions with the squad that was a really good debut , nice to see him get an assist it will do his confidence good.

To me he seemed to fit in flawlessly. He positioning was spot on. Good control, touch and passing. After just a few days he was playing like he had been in the group for months. I can see us bringing him in permanently.

To me he seemed to fit in flawlessly. He positioning was spot on. Good control, touch and passing. After just a few days he was playing like he had been in the group for months. I can see us bringing him in permanently.
Depends on his finishing. Score 3 or 4 and settle everyone down then I'm with you - great options across the front line. Costs us points / games because he can't hit the target? Next.

I like him and he fits the shape. Thought he had a really good game yesterday - mostly without the ball - but it's only been a few days.

Shout "Levy Cheap Option" all you like but I see a player tailor made for our system

I thought he looked excellent. His sideways movement to create space is unreal. I think it was good that his first game was away, blow off a few cobwebs, and miss those shots that in front of a moaning home crowd could have had more of an effect on him. He has two weeks to gel with the team in training and hopefully get his radar working, which I’m pretty upbeat about. He’s in a supportive environment and has the example of someone like Richy to follow.

Decent debut, good start with an assist.
He had 3 chances I think so although no goal, it's good that he even had that many attempts.
Once he gets settled in I think he will get better in all aspects. Might help Johnson's development too learning things off Werner.

Back
Top Bottom