Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

RB 23/24 = 1 x G/A (2+1) every 128mins.
RB 22/23 = 1 x G/A (16+6) every 128mins.
CFC 21/22 = 1 x G/A (11+6) every 130mins.
CFC 20/21 = 1 x G/A (12+15) every 141mins.
RB 19/20 = 1 x G/A (34+13) every 76mins.

Lucas never hit those kind of numbers.
Or Werner's peak transfer fee.

Lets just stick with Premier League matches

Timo scored 10 goals and had 9 assists in 56 apps across 2 seasons

Lucas had 10 PL goals in the 18/19 season alone (when he started most of the games). He also had 5 goals in the Champions League that season helping us get to the CL Final.

A smart signing.

Perisic out, Werner In.

Son needs to be protected and shouldn't be playing 90 minutes, so we need experienced players who can rotate and contribute the same workrate.

Ange likes to use all 5 subs in a game, which means we need quality throughout the entire squad whilst maintaining similar attributes.

Where’s Kulu gonna play?
iu

He had 14 G/A in his first year, which isn’t bad, then Frank fucked him up in his second year. So he wasn’t terrible his whole time, he was mismanaged. Ange will unfucken him

Gonna say it again, he had 14 expected goals in his first league season and scored 6.

That’s not being mismanaged. He missed loads of chances.

Low risk move which is normal for January. I like that we targeted a left winger because son and richy are both better at CF. Let them split time there and then have son get a little time at LW when he has a good matchup like trippier.

Even if every move doesn’t work out, it’s promising that they are targeting the correct positions and have identified our play at LW hasn’t been good enough.

Gonna say it again, he had 14 expected goals in his first league season and scored 6.

That’s not being mismanaged. He missed loads of chances.
And I’ll say it the first time, I think the 8 assists are what Ange is more interested in. Timo can play left, right and centrally. My guess is he will more likely play on the left wing, rather than as a striker

He signed richarlison because Kane was leaving. Ergo he is Kanes replacement.

This isn’t rocket science
Weren't Richarlison and Kane in different summers? 2022 vs 2023, respectively. I know I'm behind on this so maybe it's been resolved.

Also the fact that Ange has said himself that all transfers happen with his approval.

If Ange didn't want Werner then Werner wouldn't be here.

I'm not convinced about Werner, he wouldn't hit the side of a barn most days but if Ange wants to roll the dice on the German then I'll support it for now. I can certainly see the logic in it.
Source for this? I betting the "his approval" bit is a wee bit strong on your part. DL has consistently suggested otherwise with all the previous coaches...and each one of them got a player or two that they didn't want. But all the other coaches were in as part of the process as well. But this sentence suggests final say and I'd have to see proof of that.

Source for this? I betting the "his approval" bit is a wee bit strong on your part. DL has consistently suggested otherwise with all the previous coaches...and each one of them got a player or two that they didn't want. But all the other coaches were in as part of the process as well. But this sentence suggests final say and I'd have to see proof of that.
It’s in his contract that he has final decision on player recruitment:

Seems like practical, low-risk business. We apparently have a system he should be able to do well in. I like his versatility- with our insane injury susceptibility it'll be great to have that flexibility.

Yeah, I never compared him to Lucas though. Just said his output is in flop territory.

According to Wikipedia (I know) 1 goal in every 5.6 appearances would suggest flop is an apt descirption for a £47.5m acquisition.

EDIT:

0.23 G per 90 in the PL. I'd say that is in flop territory.

Goal or assist every 1.8 games isn't too bad in the Premier League for someone considered a flop to be fair.

For comparison, Son has a goal or assist every 1.4 games.

Spursidol Spursidol do we need to re-jig our PL squad for him to fit in? If it is full at the moment (I don't know if it is) who misses out? I guess Dier whether he's going or staying.
Lloris out, Werner in.

Back
Top Bottom