Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think if people watched us properly against Burnley they would be less overwrought about Werner. We need a better wide forward option than Bryan Gil in Son's absence and whatever people say about his time at Chavs he is more dangerous than Gil. His direct running and pace on Maddisons passing will have teams shit the bed. If nothing else he may actually win us a few pens. Loan with ob, looks like smart business to me till we work out if the Nusa's/ Rooney's can step up the desired level....

Last edited:

When he calls, you answer!

ange-ange-postecoglou.gif

Oh, that poor lad.

Just try to imagine being in his position, coming from your homeland and then to be forced to wear this awful jersey that represents everything that is wrong in football. Play in shithole stadium in front of braindead fans and having to suck up to dictator-supporting oligarch.

No wonder he wasn't initially thrilled by the idea.

I'd either blow my brains out if I'd have to play for Chelsea, or would do it ironically. E.g scoring own goals and applauding teammates for all misplaced passes, missed shots and goals conceded :D :D :D .

Yeah I think we can stop with the whole Ange didn't want Werner narrative now, pretty obvious he wanted him.
Don’t think we know really , but my reason for believing it is because he seems an ideal fit for our style of play . I cannot think of a reason Ange would be against this with Son going for a month , I can think of several why he would be pro it

Don’t think we know really , but my reason for believing it is because he seems an ideal fit for our style of play . I cannot think of a reason Ange would be against this with Son going for a month , I can think of several why he would be pro it

Also the fact that Ange has said himself that all transfers happen with his approval.

If Ange didn't want Werner then Werner wouldn't be here.

I'm not convinced about Werner, he wouldn't hit the side of a barn most days but if Ange wants to roll the dice on the German then I'll support it for now. I can certainly see the logic in it.

8.5, less if it was summer window but for Jan it would be very good.

For a 10 out of 10 I would say getting Vermeeren and Nusa and doing a loan back but that is unrealistic but fuck we would have a good team next season.
What are we talking about for a couple of 18 year-olds in the Belgian League?

Evening everyone, I hope you’ve had a good weekend. Here’s a video detailing everything you need to know about Timo Werner in 3 and a half minutes for those interested. While there are (rightly) reservations about this signing, I can see why it might just work under Ange’s system. This took me 7 or so hours to put together and I’ve tried to highlight both the pros and cons of the move. Do let me know what you make of it, and I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have, cheers!

PS: I’m so happy Woolwich are out of the cup. More than you believe.

View: https://youtu.be/idAvoDlcsBg?si=YkcxgB4qNimBaxSj

Spursidol Spursidol do we need to re-jig our PL squad for him to fit in? If it is full at the moment (I don't know if it is) who misses out? I guess Dier whether he's going or staying.

To fit in Werner ? Whilst Son is at Asian Cup, I think Werner plays where Son did before he joined the South Korea squad as LW so its :

Werner, Richarlison Johnson

After Son is back, a front line of Son, Werner and Johnson would be faster and more scary than any other PL side.

But in practice I think Ange will probably stick with Son but vary the other two starters, whether that's because of the opposition or how they do in training or whatever I really couldn't say.

But whoever of the 4 doesn't start I think will get more time off bench than Ange has previously given, with Scarlett also getting time.

All of them have something different and Ange will like to test the opposition with all of them - and most including Scarlett are great at pressing which helps maintain Ange's high line..

Not sure where that leaves Solomon, I think it will depend on how he looks in training. IMO Gil will probably be loaned out again - the issue is that he doesn't contribute a goal threat although he's a great dribbler.

With Dragusin, I think we need to see how he plays - but I think Romero/Van de Ven look very good so it will be up to Dragusin to show what he can do. It would not surprise me if we don't see him as a starter that regularly until next season when with europe we will have a higher match intensity meaning rotation is necessary - and Dragusin is tight footed, more frequently plays as LCB but can play RCB.

I think its clear Dier is moving on now. Both Davies and Royal have a role this season as back up full backs but also emergency CB's too - they've excelled at CB in recent matches, only real weakness I think is at set pieces ? What part Sessegnon plays is unclear - better to loan him out as he's not played for almost a year.

I'd like to see Phillips and/or Dorrington get some minutes off the bench - but I'm not sure that will happen.

Back
Top Bottom