Time to Coco

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Erik Lamela recently scored his first goal for Spurs and looks set to be pushing for a debut league start after the international break. The Argentinean has had a slow start to his Tottenham career but is finally showing glimpses of what he can offer to the team, through performances in cup games against Hull and Sheriff. His goal threat is already known to many, netting fifteen goals in the Serie A for Roma last season. This is even more […]

Continue reading...

Personally a much bigger fan of AVB's way of letting players in gradually. There's a lot more at stake here than 3 points - any player we've brought in is a sizeable investment and potentially ours for the next decade. Why rush them in and make it more likely that they'll fail?

When we signed him, people here would tell me what a great, strong player he was, etc.. Now when I say that he's showing signs of promise but it's happening slowly, I get told, "What did you expect? He's not ready for those animals in the English game!" It's a fairly typical way of looking at it, but the differences between the two might be a factor, one which AVB must be aware of through experience.

I still think Coco will come good given some starts and would love to see him combine with someone like Holtby who can egg him on. Maybe now Eriksen is injured, some shuffling might give Coco regular playing time..?

I would like to see Lamela start at City, if he's recovered fully from jet lag etc playing for Argentina. Otherwise, let's wait till the home game v Utd. Definitely don't want him on the plane to Tromso, but can well imagine he will be.

Back
Top Bottom