Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm interested by what he means by if he get's the job, it has to be right for him.
Wonder if that includes the role of Baldini? Interestingly, Jamie Clueless mentioned something about this, and Hoddle was quick to say that whoever comes into this, will need to work with this. maybe I'm reading too much into it but to me it looked like Hoddle was saying "I'm still interested and that won't deter me."
:avbmad:
It was a video interview from Hoddle today.

I've always found it strange how people can play / manage for the rivals of the clubs they grew up supporting. Jamie Carragher an Evertonian at Liverpool, Harry and Tim both Gooners at Spurs, Steve Bruce a Geordie at Sunderland etc.

It's not like they have a choice in most cases. Ask Pat Jennings.

The fact that 'Arry was a boyhood Gooner means he could have passed on that allegiance to son Jamie? Either that or Jamie would have grown up a West Ham fan. Either way he wouldn't have liked us but he still went on to captain us!

I've always found it strange how people can play / manage for the rivals of the clubs they grew up supporting. Jamie Carragher an Evertonian at Liverpool, Harry and Tim both Gooners at Spurs, Steve Bruce a Geordie at Sunderland etc.
Hi Clarky, good points. Never thought about that angle on Jamie Redknapp before. I actually forced myself to listen to him today after we'd won, but only because Glenn was on at the same time. I've spent years going straight for the remote button whenever JR has been on the telly. He gets on my nerves so much. Of course he was fine about us when his dad was the manager :)

Hoddle said I'll look after the team till the summer if needed. I've been at Tottenham since I was 8 I love the club etc etc. Started to sound like a good idea then started talking about 3 at the back............
As opposed to high lines, isolated strikers an inverted wingers, which despite massive evidence to the contrary are apparently still totally acceptable.
What matters is making the best of the players you have to work with - what is your massive footballing pedigree, that allows you to ridicule whatever he has to propose?

You are not my first choice (like my opinion Matters) but....
You gave us a win in the league when we really, really needed one
Against a well.regarded team
And we scored three goals for the first Time this season
With two goals by a striker from open play
Without relying on a dodgy penalty
Employing a playmaker
And giving a youth player a chance to stake a claim

Jesus TIM, YOU MADE US LOOK LIKE SPURS again.......

THANKS!
(Hate tablet keyboards)

Sherwood & co are green and I don't think anyone expects he'll get the job full term not even himself. We're clearly going to have bumps on the journey but it was fun watching and it's the first match this season that I've bothered to re-watch.

Sherwood & co clearly need time but results dictate whether he stays. I've noticed Freund is clearly back room staff now and someone needs to teach Lloris how to distribute with his kicks and catch when you can catch!

Levy should tell Sherwood that he can be the manager up until the Summer, if the next couple of results are positive.

I know that Sherwood doesn't want to be a stop gap. But Levy should just promise that if we get in the top 4, the job is his, if not then we'll go for LvG. Sounds a bit harsh given Sherwood only has a half of a season, etc etc., but I guess this is just reality of football these days.

Btw, if Sherwood does stay, I have a feeling he might become a fan fav. While he may not be as intellectual in the verbal sense as compared to AVB, imo he does come across well in interviews.

Levy should tell Sherwood that he can be the manager up until the Summer, if the next couple of results are positive.

I know that Sherwood doesn't want to be a stop gap. But Levy should just promise that if we get in the top 4, the job is his, if not then we'll go for LvG. Sounds a bit harsh given Sherwood only has a half of a season, etc etc., but I guess this is just reality of football these days.

Btw, if Sherwood does stay, I have a feeling he might become a fan fav. While he may not be as intellectual in the verbal sense as compared to AVB, imo he does come across well in interviews.
not results, performances. if the players try and if sherwood uses them to the best of his ability, then fine. we could have lost today but i'd suffer that if we went for it, and we did.

He did ok today, fortunate soton had some key players out. Well done for giving Bentaleb a go, not so good saying he played Nabil instead of Capoue cause he doesn't not know "who" he is.
Surely we had AVB isolating players, we do not need more of the same. "We is ALL of us".

not so good saying he played Nabil instead of Capoue cause he doesn't not know "who" he is.
Surely we had AVB isolating players, we do not need more of the same. "We is ALL of us".

He had Capoue play at CB against spam and Ettiene can be a little laboured in the middle. Dembele was being closed down quickly in the middle amd with their extra man in the middle, Sherwood wanted someone competitive in the middle. What was needed was an effervescent destroyer who would keep the ball moving and be energetic in the middle as he had the ball playing CM partner in Erikson to play off, so the choice was actually more obvious if you had knowledge of both players.

Bentalab has a faster pace breaking down game whereas capoue's game at Spurs has been to destroy, read,dictate to slow the pace of the game.

Not sure about the Defoe sub, to be honest. I thought it might have been more of a statement by TS, to underscore his commitment to 442 and a different way of playing, than a carefully calculated strategic move.

But we won 3-2 so who da fuq cares :dude:

I see a lot are still very much against him though mate.. because of his Woolwich past and people's affinity towards AVB. Can't see him becoming a fan favourite since I saw people criticising him even after we won today. I don't like the guy but he hasn't that much wrong since he got the job so credit to him he has my backing for now

Back
Top Bottom