THFC Best 11 2013/2014?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So what is our best current 11? Great squad but it doesn't really pick itself does it.
Football is a funny game players out of favour early in the season can find themselves key cogs in the machine by the time May comes around.

Gone for an all round 11 GK, two CB's, RB and CF pick themselves but the whole midfield is open for discussion. Sandro is an easy one with Capoue injured but then you have to consider the defensive/attacking balance. Townsend on the left is with a view to him setting up Soldado, Lamela can be the more selfish one and cut in with a shot.

Interested to see other fans perceived best 11 so have a go and lets see what you come up with.

qHsSvk1.png

Why does this always happen?

For the first time, we're actually able to compete on a squad level. Why not accept that Holtby and Siggurdson are different and can bring different things. And equally, there will be times when we need one and not the other. And you can apply that THROUGHOUT our team.

And also, until we've seen around 10 league games (and associated domestic cup & Europa fixtures) I'm not willing to say anything OTHER than that Lloris and Vertonghen are first choice.

Yeah think Townsend is not going to be happy on the left, his cutting in is his main asset. I'd stay with Chadli on the left, think him and Rose will forge a great partnership, a la Piennar/Baines. Our squad is absolutely immense now though:avbdamn::levystare:

Why does this always happen?

For the first time, we're actually able to compete on a squad level. Why not accept that Holtby and Siggurdson are different and can bring different things. And equally, there will be times when we need one and not the other. And you can apply that THROUGHOUT our team.

And also, until we've seen around 10 league games (and associated domestic cup & Europa fixtures) I'm not willing to say anything OTHER than that Lloris and Vertonghen are first choice.

Yeah agree, it is more of "if we had a game tomorrow and a fully fit squad, who would you start?" But best 11 changes week in week out no doubt about it.

I think we're at a stage now whereby we have good depth and our starting 11 will depend on the opposition. The risk is that we struggle to gel, if there's too much chopping and changing, but I will give AVB time.

It's a real shame we didn't get Willian otherwise the entire first XI would pretty much pick itself. As it stands, I go with the OP's line-up with some concerns over the left side.

AS IT STANDS

1st
Lloris
Walker-Kaboul-Vertonghen-Rose

Paulinho-Sandro

Lamela-Eriksen-Chadli
Soldado
2nd
Friedel
Naughton-Dawson-Chiriches-BAE

Dembele-Capoue

Lennon-Holtby-Townsend