The Team That Bale Built

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
As the curtain came down on the 2012/13 season, the overriding emotion was disappointment. We had missed out on lucrative European nights, by a single point. As the late spring developed into summer though it was the feeling that had it not been for Gareth Bale, those evenings under the floodlights would have been a pipe dream instead of an enticing smell coming from an open window just out of reach. The thought of Bale disappearing was one that most […]

Continue reading...

Excellent article, one of the best I've ever read on here, Thanks.

Ironically, the one thing most Tottenham fans have been fearing all Summer may prove to be catalyst to forge ahead. Your closing sentence sums so much up into so few words,

"Tottenham is the club that Bill Nicholson built, but this is the team that Bale built. As it stands the greatest thing Bale has ever done for Spurs, is leave."

Well said.

I knew he was gone even before the transfer window started, for me it was just a question of how Spurs would recover from that. I don't agree with some of his behaviour this summer, but then again I'm not privy to what exactly went on behind the scenes or in his mind. What really matters though, is that at this moment I'm not angry or spiteful towards him in the slightest. He gave us some magical moments to remember on the pitch and now he has left us with the potential to create many more of those moments for years to come. Good luck to him and I hope he goes on to be as good as I know he can be.

A great article as usual from the boy Lombardi.

Gareth Bale has given us some amazing recent memories and joy, however his legacy will be that we have been able to rebuild the squad from top to bottom. His leaving so far does not seem to have been as painful as the recent loss of Keano (first time), Berba, Modric or even VDV leaving.

I remember being distraught when the likes of Hoddle, Waddle, Gazza and Teddy left as they were players that I idolised in my youth. I feel more ambivalent to Bale going, perhaps because I am more aware of players today and their selfish motives of playing elsewhere if the money is more, or when a so called glamour club come calling, there is no loyalty in modern football and the likes to King and Dawson are a rare breed of player.

Looking at our squad today he may just struggle to get some game time? Levy, Baldini and AVB look to have been very shrewd in amassing players that will play into a system not built around Bale.

Farewell Gareth, good luck and thanks for the memories.

Great article, my feelings as well.

No player is bigger than the club, and THFC was around a long time before Bale. He has served us incredibly well and I will never forget his last minute winner against West Spam in February 2013.

Back
Top Bottom