The Squad - Who stays/goes?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The "painful rebuild" is surely upon us now. This side is broken and needs major surgery.

Who stays and who goes, TFC? Some are obvious (out of contract players who need/want to go, some genuinely fine players who we know are good, or can do better) - some are not (out of form players, totally shit players, players on loan in OR out of the club - and players who may have a price now but not so much soon).

Whoever takes the managerial job on in the summer - presuming we dont get a manager in before - has a massive job on their hands.

My bet remains that Kane is forced against his will to play into the last year of his deal (with plantings in the media about what a tragedy it would be for him to "do a Judas"), Lloris still captain, Dier still in the heart of defense.

Mistakes will never be admitted at the top of this football club, that's not in the option set.

My bet remains that Kane is forced against his will to play into the last year of his deal (with plantings in the media about what a tragedy it would be for him to "do a Judas"), Lloris still captain, Dier still in the heart of defense.

Mistakes will never be admitted at the top of this football club, that's not in the option set.
That is pretty much the nightmare scenario. A player who doesnt want to play for us in a pivotal team role, a player past his best, and another one that should have been let go between them forming the spine of the team. That brings me to shudders. Or shitting myself, not sure.

Stay: Skipp, Hojbjerg, Son, Richarlison, Kane, Emerson Royal, Perisic, Romero, Forster, Kulu, Porro, tanganga, Sarr, Bentancur, Davies, Bissouma

Go: Lloris, Sanchez, dier, danjuma, Sessegnon, moura, lenglet.

Plus winks, Lo Celso, Ndombele, reguilon and Rodon can all go.

Udogie, Spence and Gil can stay.

In an ideal world the only players I actually would keep of this current lot is

Kane
Kulusevski
Bentancur
Bissouma
Porro
Romero
Skipp
Sarr

The rest of them I would gladly wave goodbye to, sick of most of them

Stay: Skipp, Hojbjerg, Son, Richarlison, Kane, Emerson Royal, Perisic, Romero, Forster, Kulu, Porro, tanganga, Sarr, Bentancur, Davies, Bissouma

Curious if you believe Kane will sign a new contract, or if you'd sell him if he refused.

This makes me think we have the core of a good team. Most important things to get right:

1) bring in a coach who believes in young players and can make us better than the sum of our parts
2) get rid of bad players to raise funds

Then I think we’d need 3 or 4 signings to be top 4 again and start feeling optimistic

2) get rid of bad players to raise funds

Obviously we all love this idea, but ENIC very rarely take losses on players (apart from the still ridiculous Doherty payoff, because they fucked up and realised they HAD to get him off the books because they couldnt send anyone else out on loan - the absolute pinnacle of incompetance, not knowing the legislation of the business you are in)

Curious if you believe Kane will sign a new contract, or if you'd sell him if he refused.
Great question. That would depend on:

1) the amount offered by any buying club.
2) who our new coach is and what his vision is for the team

I don’t see keeping Kane at all costs as a necessity but it’s obviously highly desirable. The coach is an important piece to get right first

Great question. That would depend on:

1) the amount offered by any buying club.
2) who our new coach is and what his vision is for the team

I don’t see keeping Kane at all costs as a necessity but it’s obviously highly desirable. The coach is an important piece to get right first
Kane makes clear in no uncertain terms that he will not sign a new contract and will leave Spurs next summer if not permitted to do so this summer. He wants out to fulfill trophy winning ambitions elsewhere.

New manager Arne Slot makes clear in no uncertain terms that Kane is central to his plans, and any replacement would have to be a top-of-market centerpiece to fulfill his tactical vision.

Manchester United table a bid for 80 million pounds.

What do you do?

Back
Top Bottom