The Selected for TV Coverage Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought the announcement was delayed by another a week so the date would be fixed and no asterisk...

Still nothing on City or Chelsea.

Well, we'd have to wait longe than a week if that was the case.

The asterisk is because if Woolwich qualify for the semi finals of the CL, they play on the 30th.

I dont know why they just wouldn't make it on the 27th regardless.

I thought the announcement was delayed by another a week so the date would be fixed and no asterisk...

Still nothing on City or Chelsea.
A lot of if, buts and maybes not just with our game Vs Woolwich.

Why not just play the games at the alternative time in the first place, so us as 12.30 Sat. No need for the asterisks 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think it'll be 7th / 8th May as City will need to be the penultimate game as they have no other spaces
Yes that is most likely. Could also be 9th May (if then they move our subsequent game to Sunday or Monday).

If Chelsea (a) is 7th or 8th May they will put it on the night when Arse/City are not playing in CL so we will need to wait until 18th April for the confirmed date.

So, Chelsea vs Woolwich has been rearranged for midweek before the NLD then. I was absolutely certain they'd have fucked us and gave us Stamford Bridge days before the NLD tbh.

Still need to book Brighton and our game in though.

Think it'll be 1st/2nd May or 8th/9th.

Yes that is most likely. Could also be 9th May (if then they move our subsequent game to Sunday or Monday).

If Chelsea (a) is 7th or 8th May they will put it on the night when Arse/City are not playing in CL so we will need to wait until 18th April for the confirmed date.
Liverpool could move to the Sunday, which would rule out Tuesday 7th.

Isn't there a rule that televised league matches can't be on a CL night or has that rule been thrown out or just ignored?

Isn't there a rule that televised league matches can't be on a CL night or has that rule been thrown out or just ignored?
Wasn't that rule dropped when Covid hit, not sure if it was ever reinstated?

I think it may be more of an agreement than a law/rule now 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
We now have another 14 day gap between Newcastle and the Goon game.
As it stands with both the City and Chelsea games due to be on TV then these games will have to be played between Burnley on 11th and Sheffield United on 19th April.

Sunday30/03/202415:00Luton TownH
Tuesday02/04/202420:15West Ham UnitedA
Monday08/04/202420:00Nottingham ForestH
UEFA week
Saturday13/04/202412:30Newcastle UnitedA
UEFA week
Sat/SunFA CUP Semi Finals
Sunday28/04/202414:00WoolwichH
UEFA week
Sunday05/05/2004?LiverpoolA
UEFA week
Saturday11/05/2024?BurnleyH
?City or Chelsea
Sunday19/05/2024?Sheff UtdA
TBAChelseaA
TBAManchester CityH

Last edited:
Was just thinking that a possible way around it would be for our non-televised Burnley game on the 11th to be brought forward to midweek and ditto Chelsea's non-televised Forest game on the 11th?
Then Burnley 8th, Chelsea 11th, City 15th, Sheff U 19th?

Was just thinking that a possible way around it would be for our non-televised Burnley game on the 11th to be brought forward to midweek and ditto Chelsea's non-televised Forest game on the 11th?
Then Burnley 8th, Chelsea 11th, City 15th, Sheff U 19th?
MW37 TV picks probably won't be made before about 15 April, so we can't be sure that Burney will not be televised.

Also I don't think that scheduled matches can be moved from a weekend to midweek to accommodate another league match. Has that ever been done before?

MW37 TV picks probably won't be made before about 15 April, so we can't be sure that Burney will not be televised.

Also I don't think that scheduled matches can be moved from a weekend to midweek to accommodate another league match. Has that ever been done before?
Don't know but I can't remember ever in my life waiting so long for a postponed fixture to be re-arranged!

Yes if Liverpool reach the EL semi finals our game against them would have to move to Sunday/Monday thereby ruling out Chelsea away on Tuesday 7th - good point.

The PL try and avoid televised games on CL nights and, if not possible, try to play them when an English team is not playing. Hence if Liverpool v Spurs moves to the Sunday and Goons and/or Man City play on 8th May that means Chelsea v Spurs could be 9th May. That would then mean Burnley (h) would need to be 12th/13th May and then Man City at home would have to then be 15th/16th May.

Alternatively Chelsea v Spurs could be 1st or 2nd May.

Back
Top Bottom