The Sack Race

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Football can be a pretty harsh environment at the best of times. Not surprised the current circus has had an impact on Roy's health. Not my cup of tea but wish him the best. He really should kick back and enjoy his retirement.

Crystal Palace isn't exactly a once in a lifetime chance to manage an iconic club, and it was his last job before his last retirement. The fact that he came back to Palace would strongly suggest that his brain isn't really wired for retirement.

Some people have a hard time just sitting around doing nothing in retirement but with whatever is going on with roy the stress of being a PL manager isn't worth it at his age.

I wont have a bad word said about him. He's a decent bloke. You never hear any stories of his players misbehaving or him being a dick off the pitch like with a lot of managers who have been around as long as him.

I do like it when he gets arsey with journalists, when they've asked dumb arse questions of him at the wrong time. Grumpy old man not taking shit from anyone. Amen to that.

Hope he recovers soon and manages to relax and enjoy himself. The England role clearly wasn't right for him but you don't turn that gig down if you're an English manager, a bit like Graham Taylor. Hodgson has been a proper servant to the game over the years, both here and abroad, and is a genuine football man.

Crystal Palace isn't exactly a once in a lifetime chance to manage an iconic club, and it was his last job before his last retirement. The fact that he came back to Palace would strongly suggest that his brain isn't really wired for retirement.
He is a Palace fan and a football man too. He had done iconic to a degree, Inter, Liverpool, England and a heap of other clubs, so I can see why he took the Palace job.

Back
Top Bottom