The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Louisiana Hotspur Louisiana Hotspur is alright. Our GD is taking on mythical proportions - l don't blame anyone for thinking it's worth a point at least. It doesn't seem right to relegate it to being simply a tie-breaker. As you say it's all a bit surreal.
FACT: If we win all our remaining games, our goal difference will end up being +40 or higher.

latest

The only downside I can see is that the West Ham - Man United league match has now been postponed due to their FA Cup semi-final against Everton, so let's hope they don't try sandwiching it midweek before the Leicester match.

Edit: I'm an idiot and didn't read all the way through the schedule: luckily, they've moved the West Ham match to the penultimate game.

dNFBcu7.png

So that's a full week's rest for United before they play Leicester!

:freundgoal:
The only down side I can see is West ham cant defend and will let one in..

The only down side I can see is West ham cant defend and will let one in..

Hopefully their FA Cup exit will mean they are more hungry to fight for a Europa place or maybe the faint hope of the top 4. If it's the same Spanners that turned up against us, Leicester may cut them open when hitting them on the break. Think the way to play them is play them at their own game, frustrate them, the doubt will begin to creep in.

Hopefully their FA Cup exit will mean they are more hungry to fight for a Europa place or maybe the faint hope of the top 4. If it's the same Spanners that turned up against us, Leicester may cut them open when hitting them on the break. Think the way to play them is play them at their own game, frustrate them, the doubt will begin to creep in.

As much as I don't like any Spam manager, I trust Bilic to solve Leicester tactially way more than the vast majority of PL managers.

I think this is the perfect result for us, the stars are aligning, lets me honest its their best team since 86, they have to come out of this season with something as much as i dislike them, sunday is a huge game for them prize champions league football in a brand new free stadium, who would have believed that. anyway i can see them scoring how leicester respond is another story...dream weekend, hammers win away, or gain points, spurs beat an already on the beach stoke, all of a sudden 4 games to go and and 4 points in it, anything can happen from there, squeaky bum time n all that...believe, come on you spurs..lets do this..

As much as I don't like any Spam manager, I trust Bilic to solve Leicester tactially way more than the vast majority of PL managers.
I agree he's clearly a smart manager. I think it will come down to a couple of individual battles - Huth/Carol is the obvious one, but Payet/Kante will be worth a watch. Also depends on what frame of mind they're in after last night - could go either way.

As of last weekend, Chavs cannot now finish above us. As each week passes, their likelihood of CL, and then Europa will dwindle, and I fully expect their players to have their heads elsewhere when Leicester come to town. I just can't see them having the character to put up a fight.

'Chavs' and 'Character' just don't fit somehow
:nawty:

hammers win away, or gain points, spurs beat an already on the beach stoke, all of a sudden 4 games to go and and 4 points in it, anything can happen from there, squeaky bum time n all that...believe, come on you spurs..lets do this..
Dunno about you but my bum's been squeaky since we overtook Woolwich!

Stoke are keen to do Leicester a favour and beat Spurs on Monday..... Centre back Ryan Shawcross states "Huthie is well respected and liked by his former team mates, we keen to see Huthie and Leicester win the league, also states Stoke have a good record against Spurs and are confident they can win this game.

It's a pity for Stoke fans that Shawcross and his pals didn't have that attitude when they were torn limb from limb by Liverpool. Talk is cheap.

Stoke are keen to do Leicester a favour and beat Spurs on Monday..... Centre back Ryan Shawcross states "Huthie is well respected and liked by his former team mates, we keen to see Huthie and Leicester win the league, also states Stoke have a good record against Spurs and are confident they can win this game.
....and Jermaine Defoe said Sunderland were going to beat Leicester to do his former Spurs teammates a favour. That worked out well, didn't it?
:defoe:

I'm kinda at peace with this season now... WHATEVER happens from here on in, we've massively impressed, overachieved to some extent, but laid the foundations that will form the bedrock of success for MANY years to come.

For the first time in a LONG time, I'm not shitting myself that Real/Barca/City will swoop for our best PLAYER.. 'cos we've got about 7 or 8 of them now... they can't ALL go, and I honestly don't think ANY of them will...

Let Leicester shit themsmelves that their core of Mahrez, Vardy and Kante will be ripped from under their feet and whisked away to far off shores...
Then we'll see how good Okochaki and that bloke off The Wiggles really up top on their own!

....and if you don't know who I mean, it's THIS fella:
Bl9WQTIIMAAZpcu.jpg

images

....actually, come to think of it... he's more like Prof. BRIAN COX!
BrianCoxsimmonds_2283119b.jpg

...it's a 'new set of capped front teeth' thing, innit?

Last edited:
....and Jermaine Defoe said Sunderland were going to beat Leicester to do his former Spurs teammates a favour. That worked out well, didn't it?
:defoe:

It's all on Lennon & Siggy now!!

:lennon::gylfi:

:adelol::adewtf::avbfacepalm:

If we wanted to rely on ex-players, we should've sold Dier, Alli and Kane before the season started... THEY'D have helped us win the league by now!!
:pocheyes::levywhoa:

I am a confused old Gentleman... please bear with me!

They have had 7 wins in 40 fucking years!

FACT: If we win all our remaining games, our goal difference will end up being +40 or higher.

latest
WOW add 40 goals to our GD
Leicester will be quietly confident that they saw enough to exploit in that West Ham performance last night, I think West ham will have to score first at the KP, if they do its game on. Fancy you to win by a couple of goals at Stoke monday, Butland being out injured is massive for Stoke....Sunday gonna be interesting.
West Ham seem to struggle early in games and get stronger as the game goes on unless, they score early and have something to defend. Both Woolwich and Utd have exploited their unorganised defence, I guess you will also (1 nil win). But, If you were to lose or even draw, your whole season will fall apart and the pressure will increase to a level you haven't experienced yet. This is a must win game for you-enjoy the game!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom