The positivity thread: evAngelists only

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just don’t win that specific game. That one match. Win the rest. I feel like the brief is clear enough.
I know the reasoning lose help city , etc but it really should be about us and what we are aiming for the bigger picture should be about us and what we’re doing and going to do and if that means playing well and taking points off City then so be it our integrity is questioned nobody else’s

A positive thats been made clear since Christmas - he knows what players are utterly useless and where the lack of balls is in our squad now without doubt and who is capable of following instructions.
Whether he will be given the tools to fix this which is expensive and time consuming is very unlikely as we all know from decades of experience.

Putting Arteta in the same paragraph as Klopp seems a bit of a stretch. Klopp has won everything with Liverpool, including playing in 3 CL finals. He's one of the best managers in the past 25 years of the PL (I feel sick typing that).

Lego has won an FA Cup, bottled 1 league title chase and needs help from City to not bottle it this year.

I guess it's just the reality that Arteta rebuilt arse from top to bottom, none of Emery or Wengers team remain, it took a long time, and the fans desperately wanted him sacked for 3 years straight but very few if any want that now.
Yeah they've won fack all but there's no denying that he's turned them into a top top side again unfortunately.

they wanted him sacked to bring in Jose Mourinho before we could get to him , what would that have done to Woolwich in the long run?

but that's what patience can sometimes get you

Last edited:
I know the reasoning lose help city , etc but it really should be about us and what we are aiming for the bigger picture should be about us and what we’re doing and going to do and if that means playing well and taking points off City then so be it our integrity is questioned nobody else’s
At this point, beating City is likely to do nothing for us unless Villa collapse. Doubt that happens.

I'd feel a lot better in the summer finishing 5th and looking forward to the EL knowing City bought another title than finishing 5th looking forward to the EL knowing gooners are celebrating a title.

If we were still in the hunt for 4th having beat Chelsea and Newcastle recently, I'd feel different about it. But that match is more important for Woolwich than it is for us, in truth.

Thank you for this thread. I've found most of the other Spurs threads unreadable for the last couple of months. Which isn't to say there aren't entirely valid and justified criticisms being made there. It's just reading them day in day out does nothing for me, and I guess I'd rather use this forum to be entertained than challenged.

I think probably the top ten biggest teams are all told they need to 'expect' success, it goes with the territory. Reality check, most won't win anything. Give me good football and challenging in multiple competitions and I'm happy. Yes I've become worried about the missing ingredients in our attack but I'm assuming this has been recognised and will be sorted in the transfer window. We've done alright, last few windows.

Ange's philosophy may have its flaws but it's still a great match for Spurs and what we represent. Give him time.

Thank you for this thread. I've found most of the other Spurs threads unreadable for the last couple of months. Which isn't to say there aren't entirely valid and justified criticisms being made there. It's just reading them day in day out does nothing for me, and I guess I'd rather use this forum to be entertained than challenged.

I think probably the top ten biggest teams are all told they need to 'expect' success, it goes with the territory. Reality check, most won't win anything. Give me good football and challenging in multiple competitions and I'm happy. Yes I've become worried about the missing ingredients in our attack but I'm assuming this has been recognised and will be sorted in the transfer window. We've done alright, last few windows.

Ange's philosophy may have its flaws but it's still a great match for Spurs and what we represent. Give him time.
Ange's philosophy may have its flaws but it's still a great match for Spurs and what we represent. Give him time.……exactly it’s no the same as SAF stepping down at United and we’re facing years in the wilderness as though we were top dogs nothing changed for the past two decades except when we had Pochettino even then we didn’t win fuck all

At this point, beating City is likely to do nothing for us unless Villa collapse. Doubt that happens.

I'd feel a lot better in the summer finishing 5th and looking forward to the EL knowing City bought another title than finishing 5th looking forward to the EL knowing gooners are celebrating a title.

If we were still in the hunt for 4th having beat Chelsea and Newcastle recently, I'd feel different about it. But that match is more important for Woolwich than it is for us, in truth.

Honestly not even thinking about 4th.

Villa had a disaster in their Euro SF last night though so they might need to get their priorities sorted. Do they want to go all out and try to get back into the tie and maybe win av trophy? Even if that means missing Top4? Tough call to make

I’m a pretty zen type of person.

My guru - Josh - always tells me that what we put into life we get back. We need this type of mindset right now.

Think positive thoughts and positive things will happen. You create your own “luck” if that what you want to call it. We prefer to call it Chi.

Keep your “Chi” positive and your life energy or your “Wang” should always be full of hope and vigour.

In that spirit this thread is for the positive people. I can’t be reading negative shit all the time.

So if you bring negative vibes to my chi or try to manhandle my wang into a less positive place I will disagree with you.
To achieve the required balance I will agree with another of your posts somewhere else. Maybe. If I like you.

And remember the darkness always comes before the light. Don’t be afraid to open your eyes and your mind to the glory glory that awaits.

“Awaiting image here”

(Not going to lie I was hoping someone had photoshopped kung fu panda and Ange Postecoglou to create “Kung Fu Anga” due to his Japanese links but no motherfucker on the planet is running on the same wavelength as me. Unbelievable)

Let the positivity commence!!!!
vgmO9Na.jpg

Sometimes it’s got to get worse before it gets better. You’ve got to break the old habits that players are reverting to when the pressure is on. If this had happened early in the year no one would bat an eye. You’ve got to respect a guy yelling at players for playing safe and taking responsibility for them not playing the right way. This is what we’ve always wanted. Let the process happen.

Honestly not even thinking about 4th.

Villa had a disaster in their Euro SF last night though so they might need to get their priorities sorted. Do they want to go all out and try to get back into the tie and maybe win av trophy? Even if that means missing Top4? Tough call to make
I don't think many clubs would make that choice in their shoes. If they were chasing rather than being pursued, that would be a different matter. Be nice to see them bottle it to our advantage, but I just don't believe it will happen.

His comments have confirmed for me that he's aware of the glaring flaws and while it's hard to accept the shit lately, it seems like we've got to be patient and expect better next season. It's progress, but just less than we hoped for (given the amazing start).

If we 4 high quality, like for like bench replacements after the Chelsea game we would have won the league. The drop in class was what did it. Over to you ENIC.

That’s why these front players we have are not good enough. After about 5 mins you knew cucarella would get the better of him because Johnson never won the first couple of duals. That’s a weak mentality and also a lack of ability. I can’t defend any of our front players anymore. They all struggle to do the basics never mind excel in a game.

As for your comment on United I agree.
Fergie had a fear factor and I see that with Ange. I’ve followed him closely and saw it a lot at Celtic. Last night was the one of the few times I saw him on the brink of losing his shit with the players. Behind closed doors these players will know exactly what Ange thinks and I don’t think any player is safe with him.

Imagine Utd knee jerked and got rid of Fergie when they were struggling. Man Utd would not be the club that they’ve been for the last 40 years if they didn’t let him build from scratch. Even more recently look at what Klopp built. Time is a must.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again (positively), Fergie came to D1 with a better CV than Ange. Honestly, what he achieved at Aberdeen is one of the greatest football management accomplishments of all time. Klopp too had a much better CV than Ange. Doesn't mean Ange can't succeed - see Wenger and Arteta (less so!)

We need a secret police, and decide if we are going the Scientology or South Korean cult route.
The secret police would reveal those undercover Sunderland supporters who just spew toxic negativity just to feel better.

We all knew there’d be a painful period to get his ideas across to the players. Looks like we enjoyed the good old new manager bounce initially, then got the painful bit.

I’m hoping that’s what is happening, as it doesn’t look great so far if that’s not the case.

What doesn’t work is changing manager every 18 months. The only time this has worked is with Chelsea when they could outspend everyone anyway. Top three this season all have managers they have had for a longer period.

ENIC have been spending money recently, maybe not always successfully, but hopefully they will continue to do so in the summer. I’m sure if they do, we’ll see a good uptick in performances next season.

Ange wants to be here and seems to offer something different. I’m for giving him the time to show that he can show us something.

Back
Top Bottom