The poll from hell.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which managerial candidate from this shortlist?

• Potter

Votes: 26 19.0%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 38 27.7%
  • Rodgers

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Enrique

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • They're all shit can we just sack Levy?

Votes: 53 38.7%
  • Fuck this shit bring on FC Hotspur of Tottenham

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Phillip Schofield

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because he led them to an invincible season and 106 points. But apparently his football paled in comparison to 3 losses 3 draws Postegoclu. What was he getting them to do, wheelies?

Yeah yeah. Just keep cooking up bullshit about how you KNOW these coaches in leagues outside the top 10 are great, you don't. You don't have a clue, the professionals even don't which is why they take these punts and Ange is a backup option to the backup.

Someone should make up a coach in the Madagascan league and get him linked to Spurs. Within a week we'd be hearing from you about how wonderful he is and how he'd get Spurs playing again.

Again, lazy and predictable.

Just because he won the league unbeaten doesn't automatically mean he had them playing better football than current Celtic. It just means Rodgers had Celtic win more games in a season than Postecoglu did. That's it.

But again, that doesn't necessarily mean much because like you say, anyone can win the Scottish League with Celtic. Which is why we are not discussing honours when it comes to judging a coach and how he sets his teams out and the football they play. Unless of course you truly believe Vilanovas Barcelona team played better football than Guardiola.

But whatever, your craic is absolutely honking mate. So move on.

I'm not saying it has to be postman Ange and noone else, just that I wouldn't dismiss him as a candidate based on what he has won or hasn't won or which leagues he has managed in. I'm looking at managers who preach attacking possession based football, who are not scared to have a go and not just sit back and bore everyone to death.

I haven't dismissed Ange as a candidate. I'm not even against taking the club taking a punt, at least it would be exciting for a bit.

I'm just aware of the facts - which are that he'd be a huge risk and doing what he's done does not, by any stretch of the imagination, mean you're proven as a great coach yet. Getting a team to look pretty vs teams half as quick, half as athletic & have as skilled as your average Prem team is not the same as doing it as Spurs.

Ange gives me Jol vibes. Also he’s a very attacking manager. I think he would suit what the fans want to see a return of.

Again, lazy and predictable.

Just because he won the league unbeaten doesn't automatically mean he had them playing better football than current Celtic. It just means Rodgers had Celtic win more games in a season than Postecoglu did. That's it.

But again, that doesn't necessarily mean much because like you say, anyone can win the Scottish League with Celtic. Which is why we are not discussing honours when it comes to judging a coach and how he sets his teams out and the football they play.

But whatever, your craic is absolutely honking mate. So move on.

Yeah thanks genius, which is the whole fucking point of a league.

I'm sure when achieving 106 points and back to back trebles the football wasn't even comparable to whatever ethereal, never seen before stuff Ange has them playing. Dancing unicorns on the football pitch and a fireworks display.

Winning the league isn't the point mate. If we get Ange in, it's not because he tore up the Scottish League. It's because of his coaching ability and what he can do with the squads at his disposal.

He may just flop. But no more likely to flop than Arne Slot, that's for sure. And I'd have loved Slot.
You think our dumb fuck board know anything about "coaching ability" the just look at "do they win"?

Besides , we know nothing about Angie's coaching ability. The Old Firm just buy better players than the other teams.

Let's be honest with each other. While we have that bald cunt Levy in charge, it doesn't matter who we get in as manager. We'll be looking for another guy in 18 months time.

So let's get Frank Lampard in for the LOLS

You think our dumb fuck board know anything about "coaching ability" the just look at "do they win"?

Besides , we know nothing about Angie's coaching ability. The Old Firm just buy better players than the other teams.

No idea. But Munn will know all about Ange and his coaching ability.

Played in a two team league, guaranteed UCL football every year with an open checkbook.
Ange has won at lower levels with limited resources — in fact, he’s won wherever he’s been.
Might well flop at Spurs but he is, by all accounts, an excellent coach.
Again... its different levels of football. Its different when you have to manage multiple world class players with a huge payroll and you need to do well in the UCL. The pressure itself is different.

There are many managers that win in a lower league that struggle to do well in EPL let alone the top 5 leagues.

In SPL, its all about the league and the league quality/level itself is damn low.

Now I'm not saying he is a bad manager. I'm just saying its too early to say he will do well or he is a great manager when he never proved it yet at the top level.

IF he does, good for him. We will see.

Back
Top Bottom