The pious bullshit has to stop

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The holier than thou, super fan bullshit that seems to get pushed endlessly on this site is becoming beyond a joke. Two stories on the front page about how bad we are as fans…yeah that’ll help…oh no it wont it will just give every other team a stick to beat us with.

I agree the atmosphere at the ground has faltered, it has been decreasing for years at the lane now and for the last couple it has completely sucked. However this happy clappy pious bullshit just has to stop.

Lets first get one thing straight, the lack of atmosphere has nothing to do with those booing, absolutely fuck all, in fact, the chances are if you cant be bothered to boo, you are not going to be bothered to sing either.

Secondly, this “get behind the team no matter what” shtick, what a load of old cobblers that is. It is up to the team to get the crowd going…not the other way round.

The very reason why the demographic of football crowds are changing, lies squarely at the feet of the players and their spiralling wage demands. We are constantly reminded that the club must charge sky high prices so they can break even; so we are financially viable….fair enough. When you have players on upward of 80K a week, however, the idea that we have to in some way “get behind them” is so beyond laughable its ridiculous. Motivation should not be needed when you're on that kind of wedge.

When you have a man on less than 20K a year paying 1K plus to watch 11 players on 70K/week, do you honestly think that man doesn’t have the right to let his feelings be known when they are not performing???

I couldn’t give a flying monkeys if its counterproductive, if its stupid or moronic. I’m behind him every step of the way. He was probably watching Spurs long before the happy clappers turned up and he will probably be there after they are gone....and he’ll probably still be moaning. Good on him I say.

I expect lots of facepalm smileys, neg rep and the usual lemming like response (interwang pics are lolz) you get on here but I am right….and deep down you know I am. *I ONLY SING WHEN WERE WINNING*

Carlito Brigante said:
The holier than thou, super fan bullshit that seems to get pushed endlessly on this site is becoming beyond a joke.

Just a suggestion but you could fuck off elsewhere.......I'm sure you'll find plenty of other like minded people on other sites

I just wanted to use this gif
190897_o.gif

Blanchflower said:
Carlito Brigante said:
The holier than thou, super fan bullshit that seems to get pushed endlessly on this site is becoming beyond a joke.

Just a suggestion but you could fuck off elsewhere.......I'm sure you'll find plenty of other like minded people on other sites

I thought this site was for all Spurs fans? Not just those who like writing blogs, starting hashtags on twitter and turning up for a sing along at kids games.

If you want to sing at games, sing, if you want to boo, boo. Dont whinge like a bitch about Spurs fans as if were that lot down the road.

If someone in the ground tells you to sit down and shut up, tell em to do one.....simple innit. Well a lot more simple than the internet blog mong fest I am being exposed to. (I dont actually think this forum is that bad apart from that xx)

Carlito Brigante said:
Two stories on the front page about how bad we are as fans…yeah that’ll help…oh no it wont it will just give every other team a stick to beat us with.

Like the booing at half time and the daily fail stories about it?

Carlito Brigante said:
Secondly, this “get behind the team no matter what” shtick, what a load of old cobblers that is. It is up to the team to get the crowd going…not the other way round.
Incorrect.

It works both ways, in equal amounts.

This may surprise you but I do sort of Agee with some of what you said, so far as bein overly pious is only going to serve to create a bigger divide. However, I think you've missed the point of what the 1882 project is about. Similarly you don't seem to get why many on here are so passionate about not booing and singing no matter what.
For me, it's not about giving the millionaire players a lift. It's about the responsibility we have as a collective of fans to make the match day experience enjoyable and worth the money - for us, the fans!
I pay for a season ticket and it takes a fair old wedge put of my monthly wages. Let me tell you i am far happier (in terms if value for money) coming home from a defeat where the ground was rocking but sadly the team wasn't victorious, than a 4-0 win where I felt all I did was stand there watching passively.

Football games, players and seasons come and go. The fans remain. I'd rather be stood watching the match with a bunch of guys who just want to enjoy their day, than a miserable cunt who is so wrapped up in the actions of 22 men he's never met that he can't muster one iota of noise from his mouth that isn't some sort of criticism.

If we don't bang the drum and highlight this, who will?

I don't agree with you. But somewhere amongst that rant you actually make a good counterpoint.

You turned down Case on his offer, but the thing about TFC is that they will hear the other side of the argument.

If you feel that strongly about it take the opportunity...

Jimmy owns it.

Why go to football and complain and bitch and moan but then be content for the win and leave content because its the result that matters. Its not the result that matters. It's how we fucking get to it and that includes the team and the supporters.

Happy clappers or miserable seat warmers?

Carlito Brigante said:
I thought this site was for all Spurs fans? Not just those who like writing blogs, starting hashtags on twitter and turning up for a sing along at kids games.

hahahaha

You made your point in the OP, but easy tiger with the blatant trolling there.

So basically real men don't sing.

Fuck it, he's trolling. I'm out of 'ere.

Carlito Brigante said:
Case said:
I can put this on the front page, if you like?

Absolutly NFI. I'll leave the flag waving and "look at me" pod casts to you and the 1882 crew thanks.

OK, we'll leave the "look at me" forum posts to you.

Case said:
Carlito Brigante said:
Case said:
I can put this on the front page, if you like?

Absolutly NFI. I'll leave the flag waving and "look at me" pod casts to you and the 1882 crew thanks.

OK, we'll leave the "look at me" forum posts to you.

At least my attention seeking doesnt come with a needy "like me" twist.

There was a reason why fanzines died mate because no one is interested in anyone elses "informed opinion".

I'll make my own mind up about our players and BOO the shit out of them if they dont reach my unrealistically high expectations...I'm Spurs...where the f*ck did you come from????

the only 'right' anyone has is to watch a game of football that they have paid for.

no 'right' for anything else.
you walk through a turnstile and sit/stand and watch some blokes play football that is the only right you are entitled to.

Well I'm not sure about you, but when I go to the football ground I do so primarily to enjoy the atmosphere and vocally support my team. It may seem silly, but it gives me a sense that I've done my bit. If I just wanted to sit and watch a game of football and cheer when my team scores I could do this much better from the comfort of my own home, while watching the game on Sky, ESPN or an internet stream on a very comfy sofa with a cup of tea (or something stronger) in hand.

While I can understand what you are saying, each and every fan spends a lot of time, money and effort getting to the ground on match day, the rational thing to do when the team is not performing is to let the players know that you are unhappy with their performance and that it makes no sense to back the team no matter what. But you pay this price for the "Match Day Experience" and well the matter of the fact is is that the Match Day Experience is made by the fans who generate the atmosphere, it's not the football that's on offer, because you can enjoy that in much more comfortable ways.

Every single one of us on here supports Tottenham Hotspur FC for one reason or another, the key here lies in the fact that we are considered SUPPORTERS of the club, we are not judges invited to go to the game to give a verdict on the teams performance.

Back
Top Bottom