The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Just a reminder, if we keep this stunning level of performance up, we will finish this season on 44 points.

If you still want him here, have a word with yourself.

We need a new set of eyes on the boys. It pains me to say it but we aren't even trying to pull certain things off, let alone getting it actually going. Backwards, sideways, into the match winners and let's see if they get lucky, it's shoddy and has been for nearly a year of football now. Tough times but I support Tottenham Hotspur, not the manager that comes and goes and thencoub should never get damaged because of those pullin the strings or how fond I am of them as a person.

Aurier still starts for us! That tells you everything about the quality we are getting from our gaffer at the moment. We need to flog Serge, move Toby, Jan & Christian on ASAP and we need to stop pulling our knickers to one side for players that look pretty because of a price tag. I fume in the knowledge that we have wasted nearly £40m on Lo Celso because we didn't move a year before. Mad decision making going on at a club so well run in many ways.

Ok so trophies and top 4 aren't important any more?
That's what happens when you challenge people who say we need to sack poch as we ain't getting top 4 & still have no trophies.
So the new manager needs to get top 4 & win trophies or you would want him sacked too? Oh no! just an improvement of this season will do. I don't think they know what they want really.

Doesn't speak very good English, not going to have large financial backing, will get pissed off working with Levy, I think he'd want to go to bigger a club e.g BM
He has had enough of winning titles at juve & wants to win the top 4 trophy at spurs.

Did he lost the locker or the players just are way worst than we think? Ability wise
Most seem to think we have a really good team & some even think it's as good as Liverpool. I think we over rate ourselves. 4 or 5 players running down contracts. A few players we don't even want but no takers. No good full backs or DM. No back up striker. Back 4 & Best creative player all want to go. Keeper & captain past his best. Need a keeper, CBs, full backs, DM & probably a kane back up. Kane the only world class player. It's a top 4 at very best team. But even that's a very tough ask.
But I understand it's more comforting to think we are as good as Liverpool but it's just our manager messing up. Soon as he goes the new guy will get us challenging Liverpool & winning trophies.

Post our best 11 & it will probably lack a good keeper in his prime, good full backs, solid CBs, good DM & probably a good CM too.
Doubt poch can turn it around but I don't think any manager could unless we have a massive overhaul of players.
New signings, kane, son are obviously worth keeping. But the rest all get slated or not that highly rated on here.
I hope others are right & we have a really good team just being mismanaged :avbpray:

Last edited:
I think all he wants is cash and some players. Give it to him. Or sack him. Whichever we do. It cant be nothing.
Problem is if we give him cash will he get us the right players or just more 'wine bottle' ones that mature in two years ?
Time to say goodbye I think and let someone else choose the right blood type needed for the transfusion in January.

Leicester sacked Ranieri months after he won the league, our fans think Poch “deserves the chance to turn this around because of what he has done for the club”

Serious question now - Done what? Took us to a champions league final and finished in the top four a few times, won fuck all?

All the people who want him to stay are caught up in the romance of th
That's great for us though. The new manager wont be winning us stuff either unless we spend a fortune.

Leicester sacked Ranieri after he won the league with them because they were going backwards.

Our fans think Poch “deserves the chance to turn this around because of what he’s done”

Serious question - Done what exactly? Let's be real now.

Yes, he has taken this club into the top four and took us to the CL final and numerous semi finals and finals and I will never forget that, I will always be thankful for him but let's be real, everytime we have come close to winning something he has failed and now we are going backwards.

The problem is, people are letting the romance of that CL final cloud their judgement, if we had never made it to the CL final I am willing to bet most people would want him gone, I bet money on it.

That night is something I will never forget, winning that semi and going to the CL final will be forever etched in my memory as one of the greatest moments I have ever had as a spurs supporter, however, the time has now come to let go of romance and start thinking about the future of the club.

Managers have been sacked for far less, Poch is sending us backwards, just look at these numbers, you can't deny it.

- 0 wins from 12 away games

- 6 wins from 23 league games

- 23 defeats from 45 games

- 23 points in 24 games

- Bottom half of the table 10 points from top 4, 5 points from bottom 3.

- No signs of getting better, terrible tactics, regressing squad and ridiculous press conferences that are frankly delusional at this point.

People said Sherwood could fix us, he didn't, people said AVB could turn things around, they were wrong and right now, they are wrong again.

Sacking those previous managers led to Poch and all the great times we have had and now sadly, the writing is on the wall again, LET HIM GO SO WE CAN MOVE FORWARD AND IMPROVE ONCE AGAIN.

This club is bigger than a manager, an owner or a player.

Back
Top Bottom