The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Even players like Dele and Harry need to hear a new voice. They have gone off the boil, are nowhere near the players they were a few years ago.

Even players like Dele and Harry need to hear a new voice. They have gone off the boil, are nowhere near the players they were a few years ago.
I tend to agree. I have read a few people saying that a change of coaching staff / techniques wouldn't be a bad thing. I wonder how much has changed with the training and drills the squad do over the last 6 years. Even the most routine driven players will surely become bored of doing the same things day after day for that long? If it's gone stale that would be an easy one to implement to see if it makes a difference.

Yep. Spurs Inc. will go the direction of least cost. New manager < enough quality players to get back in top 4.
Short term, I think a new manager is in order, the team needs to freshen up. Long term I think Pochettino should stay, but we’d have to suffer through rebuilding with Levy’ Tight purse string for more time than I care to think about.

Imagine what Pochettino could do with a City, or Man U budget?

Not very much, seeing as he doesn't seem to rotate a squad.

No one was complaining about it when we were doing well...OK....apart from sammy...
But you don't change a winning team. Maybe you should change (the poorly performing aspects of) a team that isn't winning (Which is mostly Spurs for coming on a year now).

You miss my point, he was chopping and changing every week back then and no-one gave a monkeys, he's still doing it now but now it's supposed to be one of the reasons for us being shit...
My point is he's playing a nucleus of players that are not in form now...

I think once Poch goes we'll come full circle to the Jol era and not make the top 4 again for another 5 to 10 years.
Sadly, with all due respect, I think that will be the situation if he stays. So I will disagree and say the impetus of a new manager is just what this club and the squad (plus whatever changes the new guy wants) need in order to once again be realistically challenging for titles/trophies.

Poch asking for 6 players?

24 days ago:
'If it is my decision I am going to stick with my players. I know they have the quality to be fighting for the things we expect to fight for. I never was keen on January and I will not change now because it is a tough period.”

People actually still sympathise with and trust this guy?
And wonder why the players have given up on him?
He sounds like a mental patient, and should take a year off for his own health.
Properly losing it.

Poch asking for 6 players?

24 days ago:
'If it is my decision I am going to stick with my players. I know they have the quality to be fighting for the things we expect to fight for. I never was keen on January and I will not change now because it is a tough period.”

People actually still sympathise with and trust this guy?
And wonder why the players have given up on him?
He sounds like a mental patient, and should take a year off for his own health.
Properly losing it.

Started with the Champs league presser. Then it continued when he came out and said he considered leaving if he won.

It was a very negative way to start the season and it poisoned the locker room.

His body language and energy levels are not the same from what we saw for his first 3.5 years.

Just signed a huge long term contract. He used to be a manager that preached team and togetherness, now he very much makes is the MoPo show. Very disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom