The Morning After and all that...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Éperons said:
Dru said:
I dont think I've touched so many men in my life in one day :ap: trying to squeeze past to get beers and burgers.
I can tell that 'beers and burgers' is rhyming slang, but I can't guess what it means.
No, for once, there is no innuendo there.

3 things did my head in.

The bollockless performance, £21 for two pints and a water and the scummy Chelsea fans singing through the minute silence.

Oh and they didn't even fucking fill out there allocation. "Big Club".

Dru said:
I have to say I left on 89mins. I never leave WHL early but I live in a heavily populated Chelsea area and I really didnt fancy getting caught up amongst them on the way home. Even though I did leave on 89 I was suprised so many Chelsea fans were already outside.

Having said that, I was up in the gods and at 2-1 someone behind my mate pushed him down hard on the shoulder when he stood up to see an effort on goal (the people in front of us stood so we had to). Mate turns around and says, fucking stand up, dont push me down.

3rd goal goes in, my mate turns round and the bloke has gone.

Those are the cunts we should be ashamed of.

You weren't in block 529 by any chance?

Day later and still feel like shit. So glad booked the day off work.

Looks like I had a similar Wembely 'experience' to most you guys. Was equally pissed off when fans started streaming out at 3-1 with the best part of 15 fucking minutes to go - plenty of time to turn any game around, just can't understand it. Left few mins early at 4-1 for my sins - just couldn't take the pain anymore and didn't want to get caught up with all those celebrating Chelski cunts

As for the fans, there was almost a full-blown fight around me between two guys. Both were admittedly pissed, but one of them was so negative and spewing out such bile that the other guy in front of me cracked, got up, and starting squaring up to him yelling "support ya fucking team" etc.

My first time at the new Wembley and I didn't like the 'corporate', 'sterile', 'safe' feel of the place. Too many supporters these days (and this goes for football in general) treat a game as 'a day out', as some form of entertainment to sit back and let it wash over them, rather than getting emotionally involved, etc. Football for me is not a motherfucking day out where you sit comfy in your chair, constantly play around with your phone texting and taking photos, tucking into over-priced fucking food, leaving early if your team's losing, worrying about the train ride home and shrugging your shoulders and laughing when your team gets beat, dismissing it with a 'oh well' etc. Going to a game (especially one like yesterday) for me is sheer fucking torture and emotional involvement. When we score it's more a feeling of relief than joy, when we win it's fucking ecstasy, but when we lose big games it's fucking gut-wrenching and ruins my week. Sorry for rant but I feel fucking low today which has brougth on the despair I have with 'modern' day football and the detachement I increasingly feel from the game/team I love - and I'm only 31!

frontwheel said:
Dru said:
I have to say I left on 89mins. I never leave WHL early but I live in a heavily populated Chelsea area and I really didnt fancy getting caught up amongst them on the way home. Even though I did leave on 89 I was suprised so many Chelsea fans were already outside.

Having said that, I was up in the gods and at 2-1 someone behind my mate pushed him down hard on the shoulder when he stood up to see an effort on goal (the people in front of us stood so we had to). Mate turns around and says, fucking stand up, dont push me down.

3rd goal goes in, my mate turns round and the bloke has gone.

Those are the cunts we should be ashamed of.

You weren't in block 529 by any chance?

I think we were 528, why?

New round here, so hello!

Tired, hungover, depressed, and fucked off with people taking the piss.

I couldn't get tickets yesterday, but I was at the Norwich game last week and had to listen to people bitch and complain about our players from the very first minute. I hate that so much. Technically, they're one of our own, but it's still hard not to batter the fuckers.

Benjoss said:
Some of the negativity from the fans around me was shocking. Everyone’s a critic, we all know best and we all want to be vocal about. But some of its disgusting, not thought out, just pointless negativity. It was the same at Norwich, I had two guys sat next to me who did nothing but bitch and moan from kick-off to 80mins when they fucked off. I felt suicidal by the end.

This makes the bad times even worse. I totally understand you on that.

I hoped I might find something positive to take away with me…

On the way back down Wembley way, we were still singing.

Made me smile.

But this is what gets you through it. It takes alot more bollox to sing in times like this, than to sit there in silence, or just constantly slating everything.

Well played.

I left at 4-1 as my mate's dad who was driving us home after wanted to leave as he is ill at the moment.

Two rows in front someone wanted to leave early and his mate pushed him into his seat and gave him a major bollocking. I thought he was gonna chin him

:harryblow: :harryblow: :harryblow: :harryblow: :bale: :harryblow: :harryblow: :harryblow: :vdv: :defoe2: :defoe: :harryfacepalm:

I left at 4-1 - not proud of that, if it was at the lane I'd have probably hung around till the end, the thought of sharing Wembley way with their excuse for a set of fans was a bit too much for me.

Was 10% angry and 90% depressed, the ref made some terrible decisions, but we played nowhere near well enough to say we were robbed.

78Spur said:
I left at 4-1 - not proud of that, if it was at the lane I'd have probably hung around till the end, the thought of sharing Wembley way with their excuse for a set of fans was a bit too much for me.

Was 10% angry and 90% depressed, the ref made some terrible decisions, but we played nowhere near well enough to say we were robbed.

we were in the game when atkinson basically told us to get fucked, no way would he allow us to win, think this got to the players, as it would get to anyone. i hope to fuck barca not only cane them, but cheat them as well.

I agree with you on the Barca bit but at the point Atkinson allowed the goal we upped our game and got one back, if we'd have kept that momentum up I think I'd be a bit more angry, when it comes to it, I think we collapsed at 3-1, the way we conceeded it, the way we stood off them, it was the beginning of the end from that point I felt.

im looking for positives, with a still throbbing head [the one with 2 squinting eyes] a mild case of the beer squits and a numb feeling of hope that im still asleep and yesterday didnt happen.

for the first time in my life i left early at 4-1, but i just count have put up with the chelsea fans after, i couldnt shut my mouth when we lost to porthmouth so i decided it was best to leave, i had a broken hart i didnt want a broken nose as well :vdvcry:

buti did learn that drowning your sorrows does help, until morning that is :harryfacepalm:

Blanchflower said:
Dannyboy said:
Blanchflower, which block were you boys in?

131.....I think

I was quite drunk

I was in 133 I think but strangely enough my mate, who is an encyclopaedia of football knowledge shouted for Cudicini to pick up a throw in - he was very, very drunk but I thought it was strange when he was shouting it out.

As someone who only saw the first half, there was a strong positive - we were the better side. In that 45 minutes we were first to the ball, more effective tackling, faster moving, more creative and had 2 shots that should have been goals and a legitimate penalty claim.

If we play for the rest of the season like we did in that half then CL football is ours next season I'd imagine.

"I STAYED TILL 5-1... I STAYED TILL 5-1... I'M A FUCKING SADIST, I STAYED TILL 5-1"

not sure why... I guess I was curious as to which players stayed on to applaud what was left of our support... Defoe, Bale and I think King... but the majority of players were off down the tunnel quicker than Wenger's dick down a 10-year-old's throat (yeah, I went there!)

I genuinely don't know who i'm more disappointed with today... the Spurs players, the Spurs Support... the bent refs... or the odious racist, minute's silence jeering disgusting Chelsea scum who's support didn't merit the result it got!

I'm lost in a sea of confusion!

Back
Top Bottom