The Mighty Spurs vs Woolwich Scum - Sunday NLD

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's ramp up the love for Sissoko.

Lord knows, I've slagged him off in the past but I'm proud to hold my hand and up and appreciate how he's evolved as a Spur. There are games when he is absolutely key to us. Today was one of them.

Moussa-Sissoko.jpg

Moussa, please accept my apologies. I was so wrong, thanks for all your hard work.
I still remember the Wembley days when the crowd would groan everytime he touched the ball or even came on as a sub.

Should be ashamed of themselves. The geezer hadn't even touched the ball.
At least I waited until he made a mistake to slate him 😂 😂 😂

He is a systems player, I think Jose knows how to get the best of players like this. Jose has identified what his strengths and weaknesses are. He has given him a simple instruction that Sissoko can carry out. He doesn't look confident on the ball, but that is not what his job is anymore. The Poch system required him to play as RM and provide that option wide. Even though he was helping Aurier defend, which he is doing now, its from a position where he doesn't need to then think about being the 'out' ball because that is Bergwijns job.

Reminds me of when Jose asked Ander Herrera to man mark Hazard. Simple instruction to a player can be so so effective.

That’s the thing since those those games we haven’t really attacked in any game and scored very few goals. We can’t keep living off those two games. Results have been good but generally play has been poor in terms of creating chances. Just a thought but if we fail to win anything this season will Kane and som hang around ? Knowing that they barely get a chance or get into the opposition pen box. We have some of the best forwards in the PL and basically make them play like defenders. It’s working at the moment but not sure it’s sustainable. Pool seem to find a way of attacking and keeping it tight at the back even when they have had a bunch of players out. I’m sure it’s not mutually exclusive winning games and playing attackimg football playing on the front foot!
What utter bollocks .... third top scorers in the EPL you sir are an idiot.

Partey for Woolwich in the PL:
Lost 0-3 to Villa
Won 0-1 with pen vs Utd (their 1st of 2 shots on target)
Lost 0-1 vs Leicester
Lost 1-0 vs City
Lost 2-0 Spurs
Not a scientific analysis obviously but it's like I said, 1 good game in 4-5.

Got a few mates who are big Atleti fans, none of them, or their mates, were too sad to see him go, Glad they got the full whack, cheers mate, ciao.

I simply dont get the hype for him in England. I used to think it was all on the back of a great game at Anfield, which if we're honest, most of us not being Totti, would have been a lot of people's biggest exposure to him.

I don't watch nearly as much Spanish football as I used to, but when I did see the odd Atleti game there wasn't anything remotely there that said to me "Fuck me we have to sign this bloke"- bear in mind, given how much we needed a central midfielder, that would have been one of my "things to look out for". I would have loved to have been the bloke who "spotted" Thomas.

Far from it actually, I remember the last Madrid derby he played (or last but one), me and my brother-in-law laughing out lot loud out loud at how shit he was

I still remember the Wembley days when the crowd would groan everytime he touched the ball or even came on as a sub.

Should be ashamed of themselves. The geezer hadn't even touched the ball.
At least I waited until he made a mistake to slate him 😂 😂 😂

He is a systems player, I think Jose knows how to get the best of players like this. Jose has identified what his strengths and weaknesses are. He has given him a simple instruction that Sissoko can carry out. He doesn't look confident on the ball, but that is not what his job is anymore. The Poch system required him to play as RM and provide that option wide. Even though he was helping Aurier defend, which he is doing now, its from a position where he doesn't need to then think about being the 'out' ball because that is Bergwijns job.

Reminds me of when Jose asked Ander Herrera to man mark Hazard. Simple instruction to a player can be so so effective.
The fact he dealt with that Wembley period speaks volumes for his character.

That atmosphere was toxic towards him.

I was chuffed when the documentary highlighted him as a locker room leader. Fair play to the guy.

Haven't stopped smiling for a while. I always rated Jose, but it's something to behold in person... so to speak.

Got a few mates who are big Atleti fans, none of them, or their mates, were too sad to see him go, Glad they got the full whack, cheers mate, ciao.

I simply dont get the hype for him in England. I used to think it was all on the back of a great game at Anfield, which if we're honest, most of us not being Totti, would have been a lot of people's biggest exposure to him.

I don't watch nearly as much Spanish football as I used to, but when I did see the odd Atleti game there wasn't anything remotely there that said to me "Fuck me we have to sign this bloke"- bear in mind, given how much we needed a central midfielder, that would have been one of my "things to look out for". I would have loved to have been the bloke who "spotted" Thomas.

Far from it actually, I remember the last Madrid derby he played (or last but one), me and my brother-in-law laughing out lot loud out loud at how shit he was

Partey is quick and aggressive but very average on the ball, he is Woolwich’s wilson palacios. They need a player to do that roll but the Woolwich fans acted like they signed Kante of a few seasons ago.

As for Atletico Madrid their keeper Jan Oblak is incredible. He is the one I want from that team.

wow that sounds lovely (love a bit of crumble) - can you message me the recipe :)
TBF I use a crumble mix (Aunt Bessies) but hold back with the sugar!
Tinned rhubarb in syrup but fresh mangoes 🥭 softened and shredded with a slug of brandy!

Served hot it’s amazing 🤩 with hot custard of course!
Bon appetite!

Apologies for going off thread but Mrs P is hungry 🤤

Leicester were averaging around 30 percent possession when they won the title, although of course none of the media gave a shit about it that time round.
I think we are very reminiscent of that Leicester side right now and I mean that in a good way

I remember watching them every week towards the end of that season just praying for the ball to end up in their net but they never ever looked like conceding despite having such little possession

But they were always devastating on the counter ad had Mahrez and Vardy to rely on week in week out in the way that we rely on Kane and Son

Let's ramp up the love for Sissoko.

Lord knows, I've slagged him off in the past but I'm proud to hold my hand and up and appreciate how he's evolved as a Spur. There are games when he is absolutely key to us. Today was one of them.

Moussa-Sissoko.jpg

Moussa, please accept my apologies. I was so wrong, thanks for all your hard work.
bus-conductor bus-conductor

Was the 'excitement' of letting leads slip in the 2-2 last year or the 4-2 the year before somehow more "productive"?

Of course, you can call me facetious; but I simply don't get it..... Football isn't simply entertainment... Never has been, never will be.

It's a sporting competition.... And they are our hated rivals.
I don't mind it being boring after going 2-0 in the first half like we did, but I don't think it was JUST a boring defend the league game. We struggled to get out.

A bit of possession, ability to play out the back or retain possession once we do get up the pitch with a long ball would be very welcome.

I rememeber one moment in the second half when Regui and Hojbjerg broke from a long ball, Xhaka fouled one of them high up the pitch, it felt huge. Really released a lot of pressure and reminded the gooner cunts that they were playing with fire.

Just want a bit more of that.

Should be ashamed of themselves.
Good post mate, I have to admit, I was one of those people. Saw him at Wembly vs Leverkeusen and he was fucking awful, has to be said.

After that, yeah, I was on his back from the Ikea Stand here in Madrid, then again, his first season and a half was dreadful.

Then he started to fit in, click more. Still had his limitations but you could see why Pochettino liked him, how he stuck to the plan and so on.

He's really come on in the Jose era, his passing has improved massively and now I see, like you say, how he he's grown to be the right back cover, the bloke who's always busying about and stopping things.

I go horse riding once a week, the stables have this horse, Shisuko. As the H is silent in Spanish, you can see how for me he's Sissoko. I love riding him - not dynamic at all, stubborn and often plodding but so reliable, never phased by strange sounds or sights like some of the others, always there with you. He's the perfect metaphor for Moussa

This is going to be the new stick to beat us with, Jamie Redknapp was yapping about this and now they are yapping about it on the radio as well/ We aare the second highest scorers in the league, we thrashed United and Southampton but they've forgotten about that already.
Sky have always been anti-Spurs. No point getting upset any more. Only thing we can do is just keep winnign games, and eventually we'll be too big for that sort of shit.

Loved Souness & Jamie spouting shit talking about it’s easy to set up a team the way Jose is doing. Really?! If they’re saying that, then surely they can dust up their glorious badges and lead any team to the top, playing exactly as we are, init?
:king:
Well said.. I cannot stand fucking souness utter scumbag. You would have thought now that his beloved scousers managed to win the league he would give other teams some credit..what a tosser..and Redknapp should know better

I saw a couple of games and to be fair he was standout good. But other games I saw I literally wasn't aware he was playing.

I didnt say anything like that, just that his style of play is frustrating. Every football fan on the planet pretty much says the same.
The only fans that appreciate his style are those at the club where he is winning so if he wins us some trophies then beggars cannot be choosers.
I certainly won't be, but its still very frustrating to watch imo, but if he doesn't then things can very quickly go bad just like at utd and Madrid and chelski the 2nd time.
Let's hope we are inter Milan or chelski the first time...time will tell
Forgetting bout the trophies he won at utd? The second place finish?
The league he won at chelsea the second time

Back
Top Bottom