The Mighty Spurs v Man United. 11/04/21 @ 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can you slap a player in the build up and score?

• Yes please slap me and score

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 71.7%

• Total voters
Kane loves Spurs though mate, he is a supporter and just like the rest of us he is likely sick of how the club is operated.

He does want to play for us imo but he obviously realises we are fucked.

This pains me to say this.

We are an club of empty promises.

I don't think the "Imagine being part of a squad that wins the first __________ while you were here" is cutting the mustard anymore, not when players like Walker can text everyone he used to play with and say "I told you so"

Bale is most dangerous when starting games. Brining him on with 8 minutes to go When the other team are camped back is pointless.

BALE. Needs to be starting games and we will be up by 3 goals by half time.

Ndombele and Hojbjerg are miles better than McTominay and Fred.

Our midfield looked fine when we were actually utilizing them correctly, possessing the ball, moving it around the park.

What do people expect the team to do when the tactics deployed by the manager rely on the back four absorbing pressure?
Ndombele completely agree, and PEH does a job but he is very limited. We have decent role players in our midfield who don't seem very adaptable. Dele was one but he doesn't seem to give a shit. Our back 4 can't absorb pressure, our midfield can't really hold possession other than in spurts. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Ndombele completely agree, and PEH does a job but he is very limited. We have decent role players in our midfield who don't seem very adaptable. Dele was one but he doesn't seem to give a shit. Our back 4 can't absorb pressure, our midfield can't really hold possession other than in spurts. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place.
This is tactical to me, not the players. We don't have a system for progressing the ball forward. It's hard to have sustained possession when they aren't trained on it.

Sissoko and Lamela/Dele/Bale play different positions...

So? He took Gio, an attacking midfielder, off for Sissoko. Why couldn’t he have replaced Gio with another attacking player?

Hojbjerg Ndombele
Bale Lucas Son
Kane

Wouldn’t that have been better than putting Sissoko in the crucial centre position and shunting Ndombele forward? We had fewer attackers on the pitch after he made the sub. That’s not how you win matches.

Reguilon should get dropped after this game

he's been so so so poor

Joke of a performance. no effort. brainless. at fault for playing Cavani onside on the disallowed goal too. Fuck off.

You can throw a blanket over the whole back line and sell them to Palace or someone.

The only one I like at the moment is Rodon and he is raw.

Even still, it is the coaching and how they are asked to play, as much as their personal deficiencies. The coaching looks non existent.

He’ll have to, he’s now cost the Club two seasons of no CL football, that’s about £160m in lost revenue.

He knows the maths, the impact it has on player recruitment and of course player retention (Kane).

Let's hope you're right mate, if he truly has the best interests of the club in mind he would be sacking him tonight.

Kane is going to leave if something doesn't change drastically, this isn't good enough for our club and the message that is being sent by keeping Mourinho here is that it IS good enough for this club.

Expecting players like Kane to stay here when our board thinks these kind of results are acceptable is a joke.

You were 100% on the button about Jose mate, he's an absolute dinosaur of the game and he's a cunt on top of that, has destroyed all the good that Poch built.

Hindsight we should have gone for a manager that had a similar style to Poch with a clear vision for the club.

The main thing now is that we sack him, immediately and get someone in before this cup final so we can try and foster some confidence and good will towards the end of the season.

We smashed them 6-1 earlier in the season, we're a far better team than them. However, our manager is the inconsistent piece to this puzzle. He doesn't have a fucking clue.
Rui Filipe da Cunha Faria.

Everything Mourinho ever won this man did the coaching. Its not a coincidence or a conspiracy theory. It's like Clough and Taylor. I was saying we look like a very badly coached side when we were top and we were. If Levy don't fire this fool tonight he is beyond stupid. The man is lost.

first we present our historical inferiority complex to the Gooners, then show zero effort in Zagreb , now comfortably turned over at home by an average United. get rid of all of these defenders and Mourinho and get a defence coach in. feel so sorry for Kane and Son

At 1-0 just attack them ffs. No let's play like the Italian team of the early 1980s. Difference being they had scirea gentile colovati and cabrini. We have Dier.
Just fuckoff Mourinho you negative cunt

So? He took Gio, an attacking midfielder, off for Sissoko. Why couldn’t he have replaced Gio with another attacking player?

Hojbjerg Ndombele
Bale Lucas Son
Kane

Wouldn’t that have been better than putting Sissoko in the crucial centre position and shunting Ndombele forward? We had fewer attackers on the pitch after he made the sub. That’s not how you win matches.
Ndombele was pretty invisible in the 2nd half, was tiring, and was taken off a little later.

I agree we look better with the lineup you have there, but it wouldn't have lasted more than 10 minutes or so and we'd need to replace Tanguy.

Back
Top Bottom