The Mighty Poch Men vs. Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's the longest in the shower?

• Total voters
Roses are red, violets are blue, Martin Atkinson still touches kids what else is new?

Um, good result considering the first half, a lot to build on. Janssen looked impressive. Dele has some work to do (though he was like that last season). Wanyama is nothing more than a stop gap until the return of Dembele. Kyle Walker might just have remembered how to cross a ball. Need to work on defending on set pieces..... for the 10th season in a row.

Knocking on the door. Back to our old selves in the second half, even if there were a few passengers that didn't contribute. Not the end of the world considering it's the first game of the season.

Roll on.

Dele was shit, Erikson a big "meh" for me, Kane totally isolated , Lamela started slow but finished strong, Janssen was quality, and our full backs were the best part of our game overall.

I'll take the draw after that start. If we play as we did the 2nd half I think it could be a very good season. Alli and Eriksen need to wake up and Poch should have kept Dier on instead of Wanayama. You think that was to help him keep his confidence?

You have to say... sometimes a draw is the fair result.
1st half was totally Everton, could've been 3-0 up by HT
2nd half was all ours, and we also could've had 2 or 3 by the end...

...as it was, 1-1 felt about right. Annoying as it is to have already dropped 2 points,
(which obviously Man City/Utd/Arse & Chelsea would never do)

Hope Lloris injury not too serious?? :llorisserious:

That´s why we need pace on the team, when we are not on top of the game we need to have the ability to attack nonetheless on the counter and we don´t a single player than can do that.

I don´t know Nkoudou, but Insigne would be fantastic.

Fair result.

Everton better first half. Spurs bossed the 2nd half.

Could have been a cleaver sub by Poch to keep Wanyama on, give him minutes in the team, keep in feeling positive, rather than being subbed first game.

Jansen looked lovely! Walker also very good. Super goal, good build up well executed!

1 point more than this time last season.

MOTM Gueye

LOL Lamela wanted to come off, Poch had to turn him around and push him back on the field.

Don't know whether to laugh or to cry, player who has had a full summer of rest wants to come off 55 minutes into new season

Don't know what you were watching but on my feed it seemed quite clear that Poch called Lamela over to give directions as he and Eriksen swapped wings etc. Lamela was also involved in the Copa and IIRC the Argies went to the finals.

Back
Top Bottom