The Mighty Poch Men vs. Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's the longest in the shower?

• Total voters
I lke the piece in the Times today which quotes Pochettino who said he wanted to kill the Spurs squad. So did I.

It is not his actions in victory I care about but how he ensures the losses are minimised and what lessons are learned.

He obviously let rip a fair bit about how he felt the players had fallen short which I find interesting. As the manager he has to also recognise his part and that he misread his players which is just as crucial but I liked the tone of his comments.

You can also read between the lines that he not only expects but wants more players. Should that not happen and with Mitchell leaving then hmmmmm......

Wanyama is going to get 4 games. If we win them and he does well then the shoe is on the other foot -- Dembele has to show why he should come back into a winning team.
Not saying Dembele should be in the first team regardless, but he surely showed last season why he deserves to be a starter?

If Poch does see fit to start Mason, then I'm sure it'll be because he's been working with him in the long pre-season training and has seen the right improvements, attitude and abilities from him to be convinced that he can trust Mason. Not just because he has a soft spot for him. Poch has a great capacity to change and improve players, we've seen it multiple times - so even if Mason does start, we should reserve our judgement on that decision until at least the end of the match. There's no reason to think that the Mason that could step out tomorrow will be the same Mason as of the end of last season.

He has many options.
If Vertonghen and Wimmer are both not available ( apparently Vertonghen is in contention)then he could start Dier at CB & Wanyama in DM alongside Mason.
He could start CCV at CB and then play Dier and Wanyama as extra protection.
He may chose to start both Wanyama and Dier if we do have either of Vertonghen/Wimmer at CB.
He has played Wanyama and Schneiderlin together at Saints. Usually away.
However, because of the visa stuff Pochettino hasn't had the chance to see Wanyama alongside Dier in a competitive match.
Will he risk it?

Back
Top Bottom