The international break

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had to post this, made me laugh out loud

1513734_10152840489619914_6879018274145664925_n.png

Poch would have to be very naive to think Levy is above sacking a manager during the international break! :levyeyes:

Should England be kicked out of the 2022 world cup. A number of Premier League clubs refused to release their players to represent their countries. Then these players went on to play for their clubs over the weekend.

I see Andrew Wiggins got vaccinated after the NBA failed to get exemptions to state laws barring entry to arenas for non-vaccinated.
It looks as if Kyrie Irving might actually retire from basketball rather than get vaccinated. An unbelievable talent, but also a complete wanker.

So who's away with their national teams?

Hugo, Emerson, Romero, Sánchez, Regui, PEH, Skipp (U21), Lo Celso, Son, Bryan (U21), Kane for certain.

Haven't seen any news on what happens to Emerson, Romero and GLC afterwards, quantine-wise (i.e. have they been jabbed?).

Of the long-distance lads, Brazil and Argentina play three games - Ecuador/Colombia/Uruguay and Paraguay/Uruguay/Peru), the last of these on Friday before our Sunday match. So unless they're allowed home early we can forget them. Colombia also play three games, their last is late on Thursday.

Korea play two, the second is on Tuesday, so hopefully he'll be rested after getting back on Wednesday.

All of the European countries play their second game Monday or Tuesday, so again, should be well rested.

I see Andrew Wiggins got vaccinated after the NBA failed to get exemptions to state laws barring entry to arenas for non-vaccinated.
It looks as if Kyrie Irving might actually retire from basketball rather than get vaccinated. An unbelievable talent, but also a complete wanker.
Next up, Bradley Beal.

So who's away with their national teams?

Hugo, Emerson, Romero, Sánchez, Regui, PEH, Skipp (U21), Lo Celso, Son, Bryan (U21), Kane for certain.

Haven't seen any news on what happens to Emerson, Romero and GLC afterwards, quantine-wise (i.e. have they been jabbed?).

Of the long-distance lads, Brazil and Argentina play three games - Ecuador/Colombia/Uruguay and Paraguay/Uruguay/Peru), the last of these on Friday before our Sunday match. So unless they're allowed home early we can forget them. Colombia also play three games, their last is late on Thursday.

Korea play two, the second is on Tuesday, so hopefully he'll be rested after getting back on Wednesday.

All of the European countries play their second game Monday or Tuesday, so again, should be well rested.
Romero is double jabbed, Emerson as well I believe. Apparently they will get to stay for 10 days at the training ground, but they can train with the team and play games. Just not be out in public.

Couldn't really care less about the Internationals, but already I'm not looking forward to the 4 games immediately after it. Could be very depressing.

There are way too many of these breaks.

They talk about fixture congestion. Getting rid of half of these internationals would help. Primarily the Nations League.
Nations league replaced (and reduced # friendlies) getting rid will likely mean bringing them back.

There are two competing elements UEFA /Fifa & the leagues, uefa would say reduce number of teams in the league while league say get rid of internationals (both because they earn money from their respective positions).

The power is moving to the leagues imo, especially as Europe becomes more dominant and could feasibly fuck off the current status quo and will still attract the best players imo.

Nations league replaced (and reduced # friendlies) getting rid will likely mean bringing them back.

There are two competing elements UEFA /Fifa & the leagues, uefa would say reduce number of teams in the league while league say get rid of internationals (both because they earn money from their respective positions).

The power is moving to the leagues imo, especially as Europe becomes more dominant and could feasibly fuck off the current status quo and will still attract the best players imo.
The Nations League is probably a bad thing, but Spain v Italy and Belgium v France are the most interesting games in the next couple of days by a country mile.

The Nations League is probably a bad thing, but Spain v Italy and Belgium v France are the most interesting games in the next couple of days by a country mile.
Its a bad thing until you realise the alternative is back to friendlies, otherwise its half decent imo.

Ideally it would be no games but that's not going to happen

There are way too many of these breaks.

They talk about fixture congestion. Getting rid of half of these internationals would help. Primarily the Nations League.
Look at it this way very likely the teams we face will also have many players away in games. So could have injuries and fatigue to deal with. Lucas Deir few others well rested. Aston Villa were hot going into the game having taken a number of scalps against the odds we beat them. Maybe a small important corner has been turned, remember that 2-1 win against Villa with Poch on the cusp of being fired. Kane deflected winner(Taggert Og). Lets have faith.

Look at it this way very likely the teams we face will also have many players away in games. So could have injuries and fatigue to deal with. Lucas Deir few others well rested. Aston Villa were hot going into the game having taken a number of scalps against the odds we beat them. Maybe a small important corner has been turned, remember that 2-1 win against Villa with Poch on the cusp of being fired. Kane deflected winner(Taggert Og). Lets have faith.
Newcastle, Vitesse and then West Ham would be the affected games I think.

I think that Newcastle and West Ham only have a few players called up.

Back
Top Bottom