The instant gratification mentality

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck instant success any kind of sniff of glory would do me.

We (I) have waited long enough, impatient for success? I am nearly 40, I am at serious risk of not seeing us win the league before I die.

Only a new fan would say it's a new fan thing to demand instant success.

In fact only a new fan would write an article claiming only new fans demand instant gratification. I've demanded the best for 30 years and very rarely been rewarded.

Fuck this article, fuck Spurs, fuck fucking Christmas.

Death to you all x

bad article. its just as toxic & foolish to think success will come just because u were patient.

the league may be a lot harder next year. who knows.
the players might not be able to sustain pochs high intensity method. they are already lagging & its not even xmas.
why should i blindly believe they can sustain it for the next 5+ years when they havent done it for longer than half a season.

& as for the too many draws comment. its true. we have drawn too many.

i am not going to pretend being unbeaten is better than more pts just to say how great we are.

i dont demand instant success. we rarely win a cup or even get top 4. i accepted that years ago.

ironically its some of the poch kiss ass fans who have even suggested we can win the title this season.
to me, they are asking & expecting way more than me.

i dont expect us to get top 4 or win a cup as usual.
so how can u say i expect instant success.

also. we arent going to get fairweather fans choosing to support us. & then demanding instant success unless they are idiots.
we rarely win a thing.
u dont choose us if u want trophies & instant success.
we are a league cup or fa cup win every 10 years type of team.

Last edited:
He even quoted Scott with his constant "too many draws" argument!

No offense meant of course :dierpochhug:
ha no offence taken.

his argument against that point was really good.
i cant argue back against that.

ps. u have allowed a lot of arguments where more than 2 people have joined in. maybe u been too busy with other stuff.

Fuck instant success any kind of sniff of glory would do me.

We (I) have waited long enough, impatient for success? I am nearly 40, I am at serious risk of not seeing us win the league before I die.

Only a new fan would say it's a new fan thing to demand instant success.

In fact only a new fan would write an article claiming only new fans demand instant gratification. I've demanded the best for 30 years and very rarely been rewarded.

Fuck this article, fuck Spurs, fuck fucking Christmas.

Death to you all x
id settle for the league cup every 7 years!

ha no offence taken.

his argument against that point was really good.
i cant argue back against that.

ps. u have allowed a lot of arguments where more than 2 people have joined in. maybe u been too busy with other stuff.

I've been around. Just not had much to say. The PhillyHotspur, Joe and cousineddie arguments were too hilarious at a time where I was just too disappointed to post. At the same time though, a little embarrassing.

I've been around. Just not had much to say. The PhillyHotspur, Joe and cousineddie arguments were too hilarious at a time where I was just too disappointed to post. At the same time though, a little embarrassing.
or u pick & choose who u speak up against.
u never said u speak up unless its a really funny argument.
u made out u do it too everybody because was for the good of the board.
it was your blanket policy.

we both knew that wasnt true as highlighted by the fact u have stayed quiet in a lot more than just joe's arguments over the past few months.

anyway, not even worth bringing up.
we both knew u were lying & u proved it to be the case.
u speak up depending on who it is.
why pretend u are this neutral poster who interests are solely whats best for the board.
anyway. i have said my bit. the facts speak for themselves.

now lets go beat the saints.

Back
Top Bottom