The Hateful Eight

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BernardMatthews

“Wildly offensive and ill informed”
First off I want to say I’m now convinced in 1991 someone somewhere made a deal with the devil.

I’m thinking it was a player, maybe Gazza, and the devil looked like Liz Hurley in Bedazzled.... so many great scenes in that film.............. I digress.

Anyway. That semi final was our way of stopping Woolwich winning the double in a year ending in 1. We did it but at what cost?

No FA cup glory since..........

And now we reach 8 and 0. So how many of the 8 have you been to? Share your badges of honour here. Last couple I have given tickets away tbh. I think I’m suffering from PTSFS.

Mine read:

Wembley 1993
Old Trafford 1999
Old Trafford 2001
Wembley 2010
Wembley 2012

So who has got the full 8?

And if the devil came to you in 1991 would you have made that deal to beat Woolwich and wander down Wembley way singing “you’ve lost that double feeling” for 8 consecutive semi final defeats or 25 years+ of no FA cup wins?

Anyone whose done all 8 is probably starting to think it's all THEIR FAULT!

I've done the last 6 out of the 8... but missed 1993 and 1995 'cos I was working abroad!

...shit, it's ME isn't it?
:kanehand:

Anyone whose done all 8 is probably starting to think it's all THEIR FAULT!

I've done the last 6 out of the 8... but missed 1993 and 1995 'cos I was working abroad!

...shit, it's ME isn't it?
:kanehand:

Well in that time the players, manager, coaches, owners, stadium, training ground, kitman, tea lady, programme sellers, burger flippers have all changed.......the only constant is us fans.....so yes it's probably our fault

I definitely think the Devil's cloven hoof is behind it! (There's LITERALLY no logical explanation behind it now!)

Gazza has certainly had his demons since that glorious day in 1991... so no, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if a deal was struck!!

BTW... don't look up MK MIND CONTROL (it's nothing to do with Milton Keynes) but DOES explain a lot!
If not that, then the Illuminati are DEFINITELY behind it... just ask what Dave Chappelle knows!!

...there's aaaalso a CHANCE I may have been watching one too many Conspiracy theory documentaries in the past few weeks!!

My first semi final was 1993 and I've been ever present since.

Was going to miss the final this year due to a wedding so was convinced that would be enough to lift the curse.

But it's my fault. I'm sorry.

First off I want to say I’m now convinced in 1991 someone somewhere made a deal with the devil.

I’m thinking it was a player, maybe Gazza, and the devil looked like Liz Hurley in Bedazzled.... so many great scenes in that film.............. I digress.

Anyway. That semi final was our way of stopping Woolwich winning the double in a year ending in 1. We did it but at what cost?

No FA cup glory since..........

And now we reach 8 and 0. So how many of the 8 have you been to? Share your badges of honour here. Last couple I have given tickets away tbh. I think I’m suffering from PTSFS.

Mine read:

Wembley 1993
Old Trafford 1999
Old Trafford 2001
Wembley 2010
Wembley 2012

So who has got the full 8?

And if the devil came to you in 1991 would you have made that deal to beat Woolwich and wander down Wembley way singing “you’ve lost that double feeling” for 8 consecutive semi final defeats or 25 years+ of no FA cup wins?
Yep been to all 8, not going again :dierpochhug:

Yep been to every single one, first one in 91...Pompey the lowest, yesterday the most predictable, Elland road the most fun, it was such a crazy day out..,

Been to 6 out of 8. Did not bother with the two Chelsea games. Rationale both times was that I was utterly sick to death of Chelsea and losing to them (despite seeing us win in 2008) And low and behold both games were as I expected.

Worse overall experience was Old Trafford in 2001. That was a game we got schooled in and it was so big a gap between the two teams.....and everyone of them goons were so easy to hate.

Most upsetting game was Everton in 95. They were poor and yet ran over us despite the gulf between the ability of the sides. 4-1.

I think we might have had injuries that day and the set up of the stadium was not on our side, also I seem to recall we hit a post at 2-1 down and they shot up the other end and it went 3-1 ? Maybe not.

To be honest, Saturday was pretty close to the same sense as 95. Not sure why as United are a billion pound team and Everton were relegation fodder back then. But I guess it was the feeling we should be doing better.

Present since 99. Too young for the others.

I think the worst was probably Chelsea last year. I felt that if we beat them we'd have a decent chance to catch them in the league too. And I fucking hate them. Yesterday was more predictable. But it's hard to judge, because I think we often bias towards the more recent games when choosing our best/worst. I know that as a 14 year old I was fucking devastated after losing that semi at Old Trafford to Newcastle. And Pompey was also so bad.

I’ve done all except Pompey (forgot to apply by the deadline) since 1991. I was utterly convinced we’d win on Saturday. Still hurting. Still in some disbelief.

You could argue every one of those Semis as reasons we'd win (except 93 when "REVENGE" was always gonna see The Arse through...

'95 we were a better team than Everton
.. just not on the day...
'99 we SHOULD have got past Newcastle, but no way were we stopping the Utd juggernaut in the Final...

Pompey post-match was the one for me where I felt: we're destined never to win this comp. again!
Maybe it was a lesson in over confidence... I heard some Spurs fans pre-match speculating which pubs we were gonna get for the FINAL... talk about asking for it!

The rest is an inevitable blur...
There always seems to have been a monumental brain fart in every game since for at least ONE of our players... that has always led to a goal.
I just wonder why the opposition always seem SO focussed and determined not to make a calamitous error that WE can benefit from for once...
Where's Roy fucking Carroll when you need him?? VAR would've sorted THAT out in seconds!
:bmj:

Elland road the most fun

Sadist.

I don’t think I have ever gotten over that game. After being barred and then let back into the Cup and then after the Southampton and Liverpool games( I was fortunate to be there for that) I was convinced It was our year. What a horrific way to destroy that belief.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom