The Football League Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

4,000 season tickets sold already for Orients return to the league.

Just bought my tickets for the first game of the season v Cheltenham, going to be a very emotional day for obvious reasons

I’m off to watch Crawley play at Sutton United today. Sutton need to win to stay in the league. Crawley need the win for an unlikely playoff place. Local derby. 1,500 away fans packed into some shitty terracing. Sun shining overhead. Can’t wait. A day where I’ll be cheering on the reds!

:conteshock:

Anyone else going to another game this weekend?

Last day of the season in L1 and L2. Derby likely to secure promotion to the Championship with Portsmouth.

L2 playoffs still up for grabs. I’m hoping for a Crawley win and one of Crewe, Doncaster or Barrow to lose. Will be there with the kids trying to get some light entertainment to take my mind off stressing about tomorrow’s NLD.

:angeshock:

Wrexham beat Stockport at The Racecourse. Mansfield draw away at Barrow, ensuring that Wrexham finish second, four points off top.

Gutted for Barrow, though. They've been in the playoff zone since early November.

Wrexham beat Stockport at The Racecourse. Mansfield draw away at Barrow, ensuring that Wrexham finish second, four points off top.

Gutted for Barrow, though. They've been in the playoff zone since early November.
Barrow are a very decent club. But… I stood on the most miserable away end I’ve ever experienced last season, Crawley losing 4-0 there and looking dead on certs for relegation. Crawley’s top striker joined Barrow at the start of the season so it’s quite nice to have pipped them. But all clubs at that level deserve respect. Grimsby brought 700 fans today for a match that meant nothing to them. Great fans and the heart and soul of football.

One of either Birmingham, Plymouth or Sheffield Wednesday, to be relegated on the final day.

Blackburn are now safe as their goal difference is far superior. Birmingham deserve to be relegated, for fucking around with their managers too much. Bringing in Rooney, crazy!

EDIT: Scratch what I said about Blackburn's goal difference, it not as good as I'd thought, they're also still in it.

Last edited:
One of either Birmingham, Plymouth or Sheffield Wednesday, to be relegated on the final day.

Blackburn are now safe as their goal difference is far superior. Birmingham deserve to be relegated, for fucking around with their managers too much. Bringing in Rooney, crazy!

EDIT: Scratch what I said about Blackburn's goal difference, it not as good as I'd thought, they're also still in it.
Blackburn was always a good away day for me. Enjoyed our trips to EP. Hope they get back to PL.

Huge news for Ebbsfleet

The club are very pleased to announce this evening that Gravesham Borough Council has resolved to grant Planning Permission for Northfleet Harbourside. Ebbsfleet United FC are shareholders in the project which is set to transform and regenerate the immediate area surrounding the football club.

Within the 50-acre mixed-use development, Ebbsfleet United FC will retain freehold and management control of the new-build £40m 8,000-seat multi-use community stadium and event facilities. This will secure the club’s future for generations to come and provide stable, self-generating income and revenue towards our ultimate goal of sustainable high-performance.

View: https://twitter.com/EUFCofficial/status/1785399501479379182

A 45-55,000 seater stadium. What would be the point?

There aren't enough Americans & Canadians in the World to fill that.

I imagine they're hoping to expand their 'catchment' area by a vast amount.

Between the 2 of them they're supposedly worth around $450m. If they want to build that stadium and improve the travel infrastructure, not to mention improve the team to get to the PL, then they are going to need some more investors I think.

I agree with that, but they couldn't build it on the current site, as the student high-rises are about twelve feet from the back of the stadium. That used to be the club car park, until the university took ownership of the ground.

Wrexham are releasing the following players:

Aaron HAYDEN
Rob LAINTON
Callum McFADZEAN
Ben TOZER
Jordan TUNNICLIFFE
Luke YOUNG
Owen CUSHION
Dan DAVIES

Birmingham City will be visiting the Racecourse next season, all because they were stupid enough to appoint Rooney, who's only track-record was hair loss.
Really shocking for a club of that size. Must be hell for them seeing Villa doing well too.

I’m happy to see Huddersfield go down though. I have an irrational dislike of them that I can’t even explain.

I’ll be watching the L2 playoffs over the coming week… almost crazy to think the winner will be playing these ex Championship sides.

Back
Top Bottom