The FA Cup should matter to Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Decent article... spot on with the sentiment. The FA Cup does, should, and always has mattered!
I guess if I were being 'ultra' harsh, I'd say it's a bit of a non-subject for our club in particular, simply because any Spurs fan worth his salt, knows the meaning of the FA Cup... and I suspect this article's true target audience would be the post-1992/Sky/Premiership/'Finishing 4th to qualify for the CL is everything' Spurs fan, who's only true memory of supporting us has been those 6 semi-finals/6 defeats...
...to the rest of us, it's because we knew what went before, and experienced some of it first hand, that the last 23 years (Jesus Christ, it really has been that long?) since we won the thing have been so painful!

Here's to our hollow, empty, painfully bitter weekend!

Last edited:
I wish more of us held the FA Cup in higher esteem. Its one of the oldest trophies in football, it deserves respect, by us and the FA......Friday night FA Cup games?? WTF

THE oldest cup in the world, if I'm not wrong.
hmmm. Indy might disagree with you
hg_indiana_grail_8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom