the EVERTON AWAY match thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember seeing the stat during the week that if each game had finished after 80mins, Spurs would be top of the league. Well add another 3 points to that stat.

I thought we did well for 89 minutes but the fact of the matter is that it's totally unacceptable how many late goals were are conceding. It's going to happen once or twice a season either through bad luck or just good play from the opposition. But, it's happened far too many times already and we're not even half way through the season. I'm not sure if it's AVB's fault or the team (probably a bit of both to be honest), but it's not good enough.

Well we're only behind on Goal difference so it's not all doom and gloom. And we play Swansea, Stoke, Aston villa and Sunderland before the January transfer window...

Fuck it, we'll still win the league

Calm down mate, we are still growing, I didn't even expect a point today, everton haven't lost in 8 matches. And our defence is really patched together at the moment.

Agreed. I didn't feel the way I felt earlier in the season when once the game turned against us we were sitting ducks and couldn't re-establish control. A couple of kind deflections and we would have been eulogising about a solid performance that restricted Everton to half chances at best, the 'unplayable' Fellaini hardly troubled us at all etc. We could have defended the goals better of course, but I think they are just mistakes, I don't see it as an inherent weakness in the team.

We've been in good form recently and ok, we lost 2-1 at Everton today. It's annoying the way it happened but no need for despondency after today's game IMO.

I don't believe we'd concede half as many if any goals at all with a proper defence.

Proper: Benny back, Vert in the middle, Kaboul available, no Gallas.

Yea, it was fucking disgraceful taking Dembele off, I don't care if he IS still recovering from that injury and looked in pain when he went off. Play through the pain you pussy! At least AVB could have put Moutinho in instead of Siggy!!! Take a winger off, put a winger back on, it's that simple. Willian needs more minutes FFS! Why we ever signed a player of his caliber and haven't given him any starts yet is beyond me.

And Bale, why the fuck didn't Bale start?

It's criminal to use your substitutions to put fresh legs on the field! AVB should be ashamed, his miscommunication with Lloris directly resulted in that first Everton goal. Gallas is a much better CB, in my opinion.

#AVBOut!

I think AVB is the right person because:
A: He rotates the squad instead of playing favourites into the ground
B: He knows international football, can choose decent transfer targets and has tactics for beating teams in Europe
C: He is actually (contrary to what the press want to believe) a good man manager and a diplomat for the club
D: He is young enough to have a long future at the club, promising a period of stability and growth, but experienced enough to manage at the top level
E: He promotes players through the youth system into the first team, providing us with a realistic method of competing long term with the billionaire-run super-rich clubs
F: He is tactically aware in a game, and responds to changes in play, and he adopts the right tactics against different teams

I didn't see the game today, I was travelling back from France, but I read the BBC write up, and I don't think anyone was complaining that it was our manager's tactics that screwed this game up for us

So come on Carlito, who would you have instead and what would you have done differently today at Everton?

Can see why its the minority opinion.

Benny back = natural LB = playing natural CB (Verts) in his proper position = no Gallas = Caulker having a settled partner = more stability = better understanding = less mistakes.

Sorry about all the '='

Caulker worries me. He set up the first goal by taking the ball out of Lloris' hands just like the Liverpool game. Doesn't he understand French? And he was frozen in place just like Gallas and Vert on the second. I know it's part of the maturation process, but...he needs to grow-up faster!

Here I'll help you out a little bit, you can take it from here.

Spurs go to Goodison Park in 4th place to take on Everton who are sitting in 6th.

Everton have won 1 of their last 6 ties, picking up 4 draws along the way.
Spurs on the other hand have won 3 of their last 6.

There have been 161 competitive meetings between the two sides. With Spurs coming out slightly on top with 60 wins and 48 draws.

In the Premier League era the two teams have met 40 times, with Spurs winning 19 and drawing 14.

Spurs last victory against Everton came on the 11th of January 2012 where we beat them 2-0 in White Hart Lane.

The last time we came out on top of a tie in Goodison Park was the 21st Febuary 2007 where we were 2-1 winners with Berbatov and Jenas :jenaswtf: both netting.

And some pictures:

Tottenham+Hotspur+v+Everton+Premier+League+VoNaUuInnzJl.jpg

4515.jpg

8359.jpg

4209.jpg

Back
Top Bottom