The entire Saudi Arabian soverign, population and government.. AKA Newcastle (A) 1630KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the Argies and Emerson play on fri night/sat morn at like 12:30/1:30am

so they'll get a flight at like 5am to the UK? Sleep on the plane? arrive at hotspur way at like 5pm straight to bed good for a trip to the toon on sunday?

seems madness.
Match is Thurs night/ Fri morning ( tonight), so it gives them 48 hours to recover/ catch up on sleep if they get back Friday evening. Far from ideal, but for once playing Sunday comes in handy.

You're having trouble reading - I do not think Jaffa is a natural CB.

He's been reared as one, but it's been in error imo.

I did not say he was a better DM, per se, I said he could offer more robustness and give more scope in various respects, than Skipp (players are different and bring/provide different attributes), not only providing more speed and power in behind Hojbjerg, but giving Royal more confidence in pushing up and hanging deeper.

He can slot in between the CB's in certain situations/phases of the game, when required... where he'd feel relatively at home, in both contexts.

Skipp's tackling, so far this season, overall, has been very hit-n-miss (giving away loads of fks, some in very dangerous areas) and I haven't seen the fluidity and accuracy in the prem, yet, that he was able to generate in the championship.

Also, his speed is average and he fouls a hell of a lot because of it.

For me, the jury is still out on his ability to really cut it in this division in a top 6/7 (aspiring) side (though still a good squad player to have, none-the-less).

Naturally, I hope he does; he's got a nice rhythm to his game, that, when it's running smoothly, creates a nice dynamism in the middle.

Regardless of the opposition, Jaffa's cameo at DM against Marine was the only time I've really felt he was where he should be on the pitch.

Overall, my central point is he should be utilised, along with Skipp, in MF until Sarr comes.

There's nothing outlandish about that concept, especially when you have Winks in the pool, who he plays ahead of every time, for me. Base level.

We should definitely place his attributes there and take a good look.

If it didn't click, then fine. At least we sought a possible solution in a time of restricted options and were resourceful. Something managers very often do, which we've all seen.

Our middle has been fucking shocking this season, and we need to explore solutions until we can properly fix it.

Sarr is a very good step in that direction, but he's not here, yet, innit.

Read all that re: Foyth and god knows who else too..... It's just that CB as DM fetish of yours getting the better of you.

Dropping Skipp for Japh addresses/solves nothing.

the Argies and Emerson play on fri night/sat morn at like 12:30/1:30am

so they'll get a flight at like 5am to the UK? Sleep on the plane? arrive at hotspur way at like 5pm straight to bed good for a trip to the toon on sunday?

seems madness.
It should be remembered that they will have a full team of young Latina goddesses (other genders and sexual preferences are available) oiling and massaging their tired muscles and attending to other bodily pleasures on the flight and at Hotspur Way.

As red eyes go it could be shit loads worse

You're having trouble reading - I do not think Jaffa is a natural CB.

He's been reared as one, but it's been in error imo.

I did not say he was a better DM, per se, I said he could offer more robustness and give more scope in various respects, than Skipp (players are different and bring/provide different attributes), not only providing more speed and power in behind Hojbjerg, but giving Royal more confidence in pushing up and hanging deeper.

He can slot in between the CB's in certain situations/phases of the game, when required... where he'd feel relatively at home, in both contexts.

Skipp's tackling, so far this season, overall, has been very hit-n-miss (giving away loads of fks, some in very dangerous areas) and I haven't seen the fluidity and accuracy in the prem, yet, that he was able to generate in the championship.

Also, his speed is average and he fouls a hell of a lot because of it.

For me, the jury is still out on his ability to really cut it in this division in a top 6/7 (aspiring) side (though still a good squad player to have, none-the-less).

Naturally, I hope he does; he's got a nice rhythm to his game, that, when it's running smoothly, creates a nice dynamism in the middle.

Regardless of the opposition, Jaffa's cameo at DM against Marine was the only time I've really felt he was where he should be on the pitch.

Overall, my central point is he should be utilised, along with Skipp, in MF until Sarr comes.

There's nothing outlandish about that concept, especially when you have Winks in the pool, who he plays ahead of every time, for me. Base level.

We should definitely place his attributes there and take a good look.

If it didn't click, then fine. At least we sought a possible solution in a time of restricted options and were resourceful. Something managers very often do, which we've all seen.

Our middle has been fucking shocking this season, and we need to explore solutions until we can properly fix it.

Sarr is a very good step in that direction, but he's not here, yet, innit.
I fucking hate this idea.
There’s no evidence at all that he could play that role at the top level. None at all. I think it would be a complete and utter shit show.

I fucking hate this idea.
There’s no evidence at all that he could play that role at the top level. None at all. I think it would be a complete and utter shit show.

Good.

You've aired your opinion like a champ and the forum is doing its job, of being a forum.

We won't agree, but we've both had our say.

Happy days. :thumbup:

Lo Celso, Romero and Emerson should be on their way back to the UK now right?

... just looked at the BBC website and it's wrong. None of them is on their way back until tomorrow.

Last edited:
We dont need to go against one murderous regime by waving the flag of another murderous regime.
0*PCbE4DxTtuLBSZRC

I am still waiting for Spurs to learn this lesson. We fuck up against "lesser" teams time and time again because we do not take them seriously.

One of our old players that is on twitter said that we should bring in Perryman to talk with the players about things like this. There's some sense in that.
Lazy accusation. The best players turn in 7/10’s or higher every game. Lesser players are more inconsistent, this applies throughout the football pyramid….

Since Poch lost it, I do think we lack intensity but honestly I think that’s more poor leadership and coaching than not taking teams seriously

Back
Top Bottom