The end of Kaboul

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Last night there was a seismic shift of power at Spurs. Vertonghen openly questioned Kaboul, his captain, and the crowd audibly supported the Belgian over the Frenchman. What does this mean for Kaboul? Is there a future for him? Does he offer us anything going forward? Has Kaboul gone Kapop?

Read article

Poor excuse for a footballer. Even worse Captain. Never rated him apart from the equalizer against Villa all those years ago.

He should be shipped out, alongside a lot of others.

Should have never been re-signed in the first place - another master-stroke by twat-face

Get rid now even on a free - would cost more to concede cheap goals every game

Kaboul is a Rio Ferdinand type player, once the speed has gone there is nothing left. I would have a lot of sympathy but for his attitude which has seemed woeful almost Ade like.

He's not what he was but his Spurs career has been ruined by a bad injury. I'll never hate him and we were right to resign him at the time. He was probably our best player in 2011/12 season aside from Modric. Can remember all the excitement about pairing him and Verts up when he signed. That is a long time ago now though. I'll never have any ill feeling towards Kabul though, really unfortunate with that injury.

Kaboul is a Rio Ferdinand type player, once the speed has gone there is nothing left. I would have a lot of sympathy but for his attitude which has seemed woeful almost Ade like.
Also a bit unfair. Injuries can wreck a player, but Kaboul had a genuinely awesome season before his injury. He used to be a monster in the air and was impressive going forward, for a center back.

Spend 18 months on the injury list and it can break decent footballers; the game has just gone out of his head for the PL level and his positioning has been atrocious.

I think it's pretty poor show of you lot, whoever you were, to mock our captain, regardless of circumstance to be quite frank. You may not agree with him being Captain and he may not be playing well, but I honestly never in a million years thought I would see the day that our Captain would be openly mocked at the Lane by our supposed strongest supporters ... and then for them to be proud of that. smh.

Also a bit unfair. Injuries can wreck a player, but Kaboul had a genuinely awesome season before his injury. He used to be a monster in the air and was impressive going forward, for a center back.

Spend 18 months on the injury list and it can break decent footballers; the game has just gone out of his head for the PL level and his positioning has been atrocious.

That's the problem, his defending was based on being a beast but he ain't that anymore and he is all over the place on the pitch these days.

I used to remember the Terry vs. Ferdinand debates about who was better, it was obvious to even a semi-literate football fan that Terry (Please put aside dislike of Terry as a human being) was a much superior defender, his positioning, anticipation, leadership was another level to Ferdinand but Ferdinand had great speed and also style on the ball, once the speed went he was destined to be a QPR type player. Kaboul has done a Ferdinand, he will only decline more so as time goes on unfortunately.

did feel a bit bad for kaboul after singing 'super jan'. he has done a lot for us. it's a shame the 'kaboul is on fire' didn't take off. i think that's more cos it's not as good a chant.

After the dislike option was taken away the disagree button has been "adopted" by some people to mean "dislike" or just "I don't like you". I don't know if that's the case here, just something I've noticed. Pretty :goonermong: in my opinion.

It's all nonsense, I recently saw someone ask a question and get a disagree click next to it, I mean to click disagree to a question you must have no understanding of the word disagree. It wasn't a question you could disagree with, they were asking for information.

There are some proper bellends on this forum.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom