The Dust Settles

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Decided to have a detailed look at our squad after the madness has thankfully ended. We'll start with the goalkeeper spot.

GK - Lloris, Friedel, Gomes, Archer

Our #1 or #25 if you will is one of the best around. Cat like reflexes and a fearless sweeper keeper who tends to stay one step ahead and complements our highline very well. This bloke will win us loads of points this season so hopefully we can keep him for many a year. Friedel is ancient, Gomes is wobbly and Archer got hit for seven the only time I've saw him(U21s vs Ingolund). All in all we're sorted as long as Lloris doesn't get injured because the drop in quality would be massive but that's more a testament to Hugos ability than anything else.

Def - Kaboul, Verts, Daws, Walker, Rose, Chiriches, Naughton, Fryers

The centre of defense is full of quality. We really are stocked well there Kaboul and Verts has the makings of one of the best partnerships in the league and there's high hopes for Chiriches who comes very highly rated after tearing up the Romanian league and the chav cunts in the CL, AC Milan and Juve wanted him so he's a real coup. That leaves Daws who might find playing time in the league start to become more and more restricted as the season goes on as he's not the most refined of players and suits a deep line and a 442 which we seem to be moving away from. Fullback is sorted with Walker on one side and Rose on the other both starting the season very well and being part of a back line that's conceded one goal in 5 matches. People are moaning about Rose but for me he's looked the part and played well against one of the best players he'll face all season in Walnut. We've sufficient back ups in Naughton and Fryers plus most of our CBs can play out wide to if worst comes to worst.

Mid - Paulinho, Eriksen, Sandro, Capoue, Lamela, Chadli, Holtby, Dembele, Sigs, Townsend, Lennon

Well fuck me. Never have I seen a Spurs team with so much quality and competition in the middle of the park. Last season injuries in midfield ended up being the main reason we failed at the last huddle of CL qualification as the replacements were either a clear drop in quality or just didn't fit in to our playing style. This season we've completely revamped this part of the pitch. It might take afew weeks for them to all click and start playing close to their collective potential but when they do I can't think of any other team in the league who will beable to hang with us in the battle ground of midfield. It's very early days yet and we just out possessioned the red scum at their own gaff which I can't remember us ever doing in the PL era. A very good sign. Sure they recorded a fluky 1-0 win but their style of play and manner in which the game played out showed they are now scared of us. There's countless combinations and styles of play we can incorporate and in a way this 2 week break is a good thing as the lads will hopefully have time to get to know each other better though truthfully I'm not sure how much time they get between international wankball. Could type for days about our midfield options but I'll leave it at that. Very excited.

For - Soldado, Defoe, Ade

Soldado will score a hatfull this season and already has 4 in 4 matches so not a bad start. Critics will point out he's not scored in open play in the EPL but I'd just tell them to fuck off lol. Nah but seriously he could've had about 2 or 3 more and has exhibited real good movement and even quality hold up play. This guy alone will replace Bales 26 goals imo as he's already got 4 and will continue to bag them in over the rest of the season injuries permitting of course. This brings us to Defoe and Ade, it will be interesting to watch how they react this season but they've both got plenty of goals in them if they stay positive and take their chances off the bench and in cup matches. Once the midfield clicks with Lamela, Eriksen and Holtby featuring alot the service to our front men should get far better.

To concluded it has been a fucking hectic couple of months and I'm thankful it's finally all over and we can focus on the important stuff like football and not worry about who's goin were and who's next to get tapped up by some big money cunts. The squad has came out the back end more complete and full of quality than it's ever been in my 23/24 years of supporting this great club. With so many key new signings patience is obviously needed but with AVB we have a rising star as manager who showed great loyalty in turning down the advances of PSG and Real this summer to stick around and build something very special here. I'm excited as fuck to watch this team reach it's potential and don't think a title challenge is out of the question if everything falls into place and we don't get ravaged by injuries. After all "It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory." - Bill Nic

COYS.

Last edited:
Listen here you twats, I didn't type all that shit for you collective group of cunts to ignore it.

Wankers. *grabs ball goes home*

Last edited:
Zin's had pictures

Sorry, bro

forever_alone_by_rober_raik-d4clvo4.png

I thought you took your ball home Mad Yid, you must be playing extra time:
Good post by the way

Back
Top Bottom