The Direction of THFC On & Off the field - supporters poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What direction would you rather see the club take

• No transfers in, contracts to our assets & financial protection for non top 4

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Money spent on £40m+ signings top 4 not achieved & a stripping of our team to cover past expenditure

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Squad players signed at £15m-£20m that don't improve the first team that keep us financially safe

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Focusing on hot prospects & scouting for future integration at less ££ risk

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
Surely that option is the last one where we sign players in and around the £15m-£20m mark right?

The options are we don't sign anyone that will improve the first XI, we spend for big players but financially we run the risk of having to strip the club of its assets due to the risk taken or we focus on prospects or squad players at £15m-£20m

If there's a better way or f wording all 3 let me know and I'll amend
It’s just because you talk about too 4 in some and the others don’t. Gotta be clearer

None of the above.
Get a good scouting system, then we can sign good players before they get too expensive and out of our range.

How much would you be looking to spend on a good prospect then? £15m-£20m in today's market? I can't change the polls and they all has limited words you can write so I'm guessing that would be a vote for the last one if it fell into any category

The Bill Nick way but on a little diet.

Sign one decent player every year around the 40m mark that should improve the first team.
Get rid of dead wood , move on players that can be upgraded .
Sign one long term cheap prospect around 10 to 15 every 2 years and introduce academy players if they are good enough.
Around a net spend of 30 to 40m each year.

With the money awash in football , this would be possible even including the stadium build but sadly another round of infrastructure projects will dent this .

Cool, makes sense.

You've got £40m in your pocket right now, who do you go out and spend taking into account wages, agents fees etc?

How much would you be looking to spend on a good prospect then? £15m-£20m in today's market? I can't change the polls and they all has limited words you can write so I'm guessing that would be a vote for the last one if it fell into any category
It depends, we picked Alli up for 5 mil, we picked up Foyth for 8 mil, if we hold on to him, I think he will be a star.
We bought Sanchez for 40 million but he's probably trebled in value now. These are the kind of signings we should be looking to make forget Zaha. I can't vote for the last one because it's not just about improving the squad, they've got to be able to do a job in the first team as well.

Cool, makes sense.

You've got £40m in your pocket right now, who do you go out and spend taking into account wages, agents fees etc?
I think if we had done this over last few years with Poch , the media would lose its negative lacking ambition tag.
With champs league we should be securing good players as long as we show we mean business on the pitch.

So if this 23 year old French bloke is what Poch really wants then he should be obtainable .

Will not vote for any of those options. Until last summer we always bought players and still had the problem of other teams having much more money. Fergie always said that he liked to buy a couple of players each season to freshen up the squad and that is the way forward. I accept we cannot at present compete with and buy players in the very top bracket but the fee is related to the length of contract as much as the quality of player.
I do not want the club to have to integrate 7 players in a squad ever again.
We have sold Dembele, GKN and Llorente are clearly not good enough and it should not be as difficult as Poch is saying to get better. Whether the replacements get in ahead of our star players is not the question but can they do a job when needed like yesterday when they are injured or rested.
Levy has said more than once that the stadium will not affect buying players but it seems that Poch like Wenger in his last few years prefers the players he has to buying new ones.
Looks like our number 1 target this January has turned us down and I just hope we have someone else lined up.

Another thread that makes no sense...ffs
xk9B2CX.jpg

Back
Top Bottom