The Billy Nick is up for sale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sounds like they're in trouble to be honest. Nobody can force them to become an away pub. But I fully expect the council/safety advisory group can force them not to be a home pub right outside the away entrance :(

I've been told that the Club approached the owners to use it for away fans as it is in the North East side. The owners obviously don't want that hence the sale......
I doubt that's the reason they are selling. They own the pub they can do what they want with it, doesn't stop them having it allocated as a home pub or an away pub. Decision to sell is clearly to cash in regardless.

Basically it's a shit pub (before I'm shot down in flames for such sacrilege) the garden is shit, inside is shit, there is nothing but miniature football shirts on the walls and the place was last decorated about two decades ago. The fact it's so shit means there is no local trade, no-one who lives near by goes in it, so it's only open on match days.

I think it's really important for any pub to be there for the community first, this owner couldn't give a fuck about that, otherwise he would have invested appropriately (see The Annie and Bricklayers) and provided for the community. The owner hasn't invested in that pub since they bought it. Probably got a bit of money off his insurance company to clean the blood up from the murder that took place in the flat a couple of years ago.

The sad thing is a local boozer with the Name Bill Nic on it will go. Hopefully The No 8 (whatever it's called now) will take the name, a Pub close to the ground in a prominent position barring his name seems appropriate and if I was the owner of any local pub I'd be chomping at the bit to get that name. Or of course it's bought by someone that is prepared to invest in it and turn it into a proper boozer that's open year round.

Seems the only reason people really care is because of the name? If it was called the Red Lion, doubt many would care.

RED????????

giphy.gif

I care because there already weren't enough pubs for 30k fans, let alone 60k, anywhere near the ground. It's going to end up with people having four choices. 1) Don't drink. 2) Drink £6 piss in the ground. 3) Turn up three hours before the match. 4) Tinnies from the corner shop.

I care because there already weren't enough pubs for 30k fans, let alone 60k, anywhere near the ground. It's going to end up with people having four choices. 1) Don't drink. 2) Drink £6 piss in the ground. 3) Turn up three hours before the match. 4) Tinnies from the corner shop.
I care as well. That's what makes a football ground, the pubs around it.
I also cared about it when it was called the Northumberland.

There are other options for those that travel from outside the Tottenham area, which seems to be the majority of match going fans.

I usually have a few drinks before/after the game somewhere else in London (dunno if you've noticed but it's quite big and there's quite a few options) before getting the train to the ground. Then, depending on if there's time, I'll have a quick one in the ground before heading to my seat.

Now that there's going to be beer options that most definitely aren't piss (at least compared to the shite choice of bog standard lager I've seen in pubs near the ground) inside the stadium, I'll more than likely make a point of getting there earlier to make the most of the nice new facilities

Coach and Horses is normally my pre match drinking hole however, depending on the price and quality of beer at the new stadium I might drink there before the games in future. Depends on the wingmen.

There are other options for those that travel from outside the Tottenham area, which seems to be the majority of match going fans.

I usually have a few drinks before/after the game somewhere else in London (dunno if you've noticed but it's quite big and there's quite a few options) before getting the train to the ground. Then, depending on if there's time, I'll have a quick one in the ground before heading to my seat.

Now that there's going to be beer options that most definitely aren't piss (at least compared to the shite choice of bog standard lager I've seen in pubs near the ground) inside the stadium, I'll more than likely make a point of getting there earlier to make the most of the nice new facilities
True, but a bit different to actually drinking near the stadium with hundreds of other Yids, chants going, earlier game maybe on telly or whatever. It's a part of the matchday experience for thousands of people which is slowly being ruined.

True, but a bit different to actually drinking near the stadium with hundreds of other Yids, chants going, earlier game maybe on telly or whatever. It's a part of the matchday experience for thousands of people which is slowly being ruined.
Yep. That's the point.I can drink in other areas anytime.Match days(particularly derbies),i want to drink with my own kind, like minded people who are their for the game.

Back
Top Bottom