The bench vs Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did today's bench against Palace portray a lack of squad depth and potential worry or a healthy future with lots of youth players coming through the system? (I know we have a few players to come back)

aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

Soon we'll have Dembele, Son, Njie/Nkoudou and Wimmer all back and our bench would look a lot stronger. I think when everyones fighting fit and our best team is out, our bench would look a lot better:

Vorm, Wimmer, Davies, Wanyama, Son, Edwards, Janssen.

Our bench is weak because our first XI is under strength at the moment...
It felt like at times last season we had 2 players for every position...
Now I'd say we have a strong enough 18-man squad when everyone is fit... but no more than that.

Bentaleb and Mason don't seem to he in Poch's plans... N'Jie is most probably off... and until or unless we find/buy SOME CM/AM replacements, it will feel like we're short in that department.

I think it represents the only sustainable future for a club that isn't financial doping.

Play motivated young players as opposed to the mercenaries that are floating around.

Sell them once/if they get too big for their boots and repeat.

If spending millions won't guarantee success then why do it? Invest that money in the club in other ways and for long term stability.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom